Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is seeking a Payroll Analyst to join our Accounting team. You will work on all aspects of the payroll process & ensure accurate & complete financial information related to payroll areas. Youll also collaborate with the People Operations, Benefits & Stock Administration teams to ensure ongoing payroll accuracy & compliance. This is a great role for someone excited & passionate about payroll & contributing to the success of the team.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has demonstrated success processing payroll in an extremely fast-paced environment. They also have:
- 4+ years payroll experience, an in depth understanding of payroll processes & accounting systems & an active CPP or eligible
- Knowledge of federal, state & local payroll/labor laws, IRS regulations, garnishments & local employment & labor taxes
- Workday or similar, ADP SmartCompliance, NetSuite & Fidelity 401(k) experience preferred
- Strengths include attention to detail, organization, time management, problem solving, decision making, & complete confidentiality & discretion
- Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change & deliver under the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Experience working in a high scale, team-oriented, & fast-paced environment while still finding opportunities for automation & innovation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Accountable Willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from your choices, behaviors, & actions & taking ownership of situations that youre involved in
As a Payroll Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- NO SHENANIGANS: Assist in processing timely & accurate biweekly multi-state payroll for 2,200+ U.S. employees using the Workday payroll platform
- Process supplemental & stock related off-cycle payrolls
- BE AN OWNER: Understand all payroll, tax laws, & garnishments
- BE INCLUSIVE: Liaise with People Operations on new hire, termination, & employee changes in the Workday system to ensure payroll accuracy
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Research & resolve employee inquiries in a clear, concise, & timely manner & work with the payroll team to troubleshoot any problems
- BE BOLD: Identify & assist in facilitating improvements of processes to increase internal efficiencies
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist in processing & ensure accuracy of bi-weekly 401(k) funds transfer to 401(k) provider
- Assist with audits related to financial statements & 401(k)
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Remain current on all recent changes in regulations affecting payroll & notify the team of changes & implications
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.