The Manager, Video Engagement will work with Topic.coms Director, Video Engagement to sustain & help grow a large, loyal fan base wherever Topic video lives (social, OTT, etc).
The Manager will be responsible for scheduling social posts for all relevant accounts, proactively engaging with our community, & ensuring all video assets are properly optimized. They will also assist with the creative development of promotional initiatives, & help with the creation of compelling engagement campaigns.
The Manager will be an integral member of the Topic.com team & will report to the Director, Video Engagement, Topic.com.
- The Manager will package & schedule all videos for Topic across social & digital platforms.
- On behalf of the brand, be an active participant in the conversations happening online around Topic, & in general.
- Work with Director, Video Engagement on concepting & implementing organic engagement campaigns, developing clear goals.
- Help identify videos for acquisition & creators to collaborate with.
- Working with the internal & external video editors, ensure all videos are properly optimized/formatted/edited per platform.
- Making sure metadata, thumbnails, descriptions, caption files, & other ancillary materials are correctly entered everywhere.
- Working with platform reps to stay current on latest tools & technology available to us.
- Keep up to date on trends, strategies & the overall landscape of other video creation & distribution brands, whether boutique (i.e. BlackPills) or broad (YouTube, Hulu).
- Creating & maintaining tracking documents for all videos that Topic makes & distributes.
Background & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant experience managing large social accounts & video especially (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter).
- General knowledge of digital media landscape, including distribution companies, TV/OTT, & general video trends.
- Proven experience interacting with audiences in ways that lead to growth
- Strong working knowledge & use of analytics tools for social & digital platforms
- Strong attention to detail, especially with regards to grammar & formatting
- Self-starter & highly organized
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand & entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award-winning films (Spotlight) to television, audio & digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction & nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach challenging, compelling & unconventional reflects our commitment to discovering & amplifying independent new voices, & supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism & documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder & philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture & a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, The Nib & Field of Vision, & plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats & platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators & audiences develop, distribute, discover & connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, & LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, & to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.