Are you ready for a high-growth opportunity that will impact the future of food?
Your experience in building beverage programs with a clear voice & perspective & constant attention towards staff education has lead you to develop a niche for educating guests & staff about thoughtful producers, little known grapes, craft breweries, sustainable & delicious coffee, & creative non alcoholic offerings. As the restaurant team caters to our guests, you are consistently in the process of developing & educating your team of up & coming hospitalitarians so that they can share the restaurants passion for great wine & well sourced beverages. You are a people-driven leader, as interested in building a great beverage program as you are in building an educated passionate team. You are seeking the next challenge, as you know hard work is key to governing a strong, & impactful restaurant.
- Be a founding architect in opening Dig Inns first sit down restaurant in the west village, including building the wine, beer, cocktail, coffee, & non-alcoholic beverage programs, as well as training leadership & staff, & building & defining the restaurant & its team
- Be responsible for the restaurant operation & its culture, as well as financial responsibilities such as beverage cost management, labor efficiency, & building top-line sales
- Work to develop all team members & keep retention rates high & promotions frequent
- Actively work to build restaurant business, regulars, & strong & consistent reservation bookings
- Handle daily P&L responsibility- with attention to all beverage costs & labor costs
- Oversee the culture of the restaurant & keep a focus on education & a great work environment
- Be a face of hospitality for the restaurant & lead by example with generous hospitality for locals, regulars, & first timers
- Work with our PR & Marketing team to drive great press about the restaurant & its beverage programs
- Achieve & maintain Department of Health Standards, holding your team accountable & role-modeling cleanliness & organization throughout the restaurant
- Handle all employee relations communication (including disciplinary action)
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, & training a full team with an awareness for staffing needs & labor costs, beverage education, & hospitality
- Review & collaborate on people development plans with our Director of Training
- Communicate verbally & digitally on a daily basis across various systemic & organizational platforms such as GoogleDrive, Hot Schedules, Slack, Wrike, Revel, Paycom, etc.
- 3 - 5 years minimum restaurant management experience, ideally in a Sommelier, Wine Director or Beverage Director role
- A passion for thoughtfully made wine & the leadership skills to operate a busy restaurant
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves & pitch in whenever necessary
- The demonstrated skills to motivate & develop a high performing team
- The discipline & desire to create systems & organization within fast changing environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to learn technological platforms & work systematically with them
- Familiarity with restaurant costing & POS, scheduling, & reservations software
- An eye for detail
- A flexible schedule, especially throughout the first six months of the opening
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs)
- The desire for professional improvement & the process of learning
- The drive to network & build strong ties in your restaurants community
- The ability to take many variables to find the best solution to a problem
- An organized approach to achieving team goals
- Proven tactics to successful operations in an evolving environment
- Your Department of Health and/or ServSafe certification
Work perks:Aside from your standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
Dig is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.We are opening our first sit down restaurant in the west village in the fall of 2019!The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike.Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.And did we mention free Dig for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.