While we may not have a specific hiring need at Aetion today, we are still interested in building strong relationships with scientific candidates for future opportunities. If you are interested in working with our EU science team, please fill out a prospect application & we will be excited to touch base when an opening becomes available.
***This position is home-based & can be located in Spain, United Kingdom, Germany, or France***
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world data generating real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research & expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
As a science-driven healthcare analytics company with a rapidly growing customer base, Aetion is looking for experienced epidemiologists, health economists & other scientists to strengthen our Science team.
The Scientist will be an active individual contributor role. A successful candidate will help Aetion & our customers deliver results through the use of the Aetion platform. The Scientist will work with our customers to train & mentor them on the use of the Aetion platform & to drive the initial use & long-term adoption & growth of the Aetion software platform. S/he will also work on scientific studies (descriptive, comparative effectiveness, adherence & others) to help our customers create impactful evidence for themselves & participate in high-value, multi-party engagements.
This individual will develop data connection specifications, scientific protocols, scientific validation studies, knowledge base items, videos, & other key materials, as well as participate in the delivery of studies on the Aetion platform. S/he will also help to develop & maintain Aetions scientific assets, such as dashboards, study templates & our measure library. This is a remote/home-based position.
- Work with customer scientists to guide them in designing, creating & delivering scientific results using the Aetion platform
- Work with customers & Aetion teammates to create & implement detailed protocols for scientific use cases & scientific validation studies
- Develop a deep understanding of the Aetion platform & measurement system, & share that understanding with customers & teammates through 1:1 discussion, written communications and/or delivery of training seminars
- Teach & mentor customers on the use of the Aetion platform in their organization
- Develop & maintain scientific assets, such as study templates, outcomes, & measures in the Aetion Measure Library (an extensive library of measurements addressing key clinical conditions) & other deployable scientific components
- Develop & maintain knowledge base articles, documentation, & other learning materials, in text & video form
- Respond to & follow-up on customer requests submitted through the Aetion support system
- Actively collect customer feedback & ensure that feedback is shared with internal colleagues
- Higher levels of seniority will also include additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, team mentoring & recruiting
- MPH, MS in epidemiology, health services research, health economics or a related quantitative field highly preferred; or BS in a related field
- A minimum of 1+ years (MPH, MS) or 2+ years(BS) in a quantitative area within a healthcare or medical products organization, or equivalent
- Evidence of ability to excel in research/science, such as demonstrated ability to work with data structures, coding schemes, & data sources, working knowledge of study design & analytic methods, and/or working knowledge of research methodology & statistical methods
- Located in Europe (home-based)
- Strong ability to engage with customers in-person, on the phone, & in writing
- Strong experience in cross-functional teams & decision making
- Strong ability to self-motivate
- Ability to travel (up to 20%) to customer sites or other Aetion facilities or scientific conferences
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate & successfully work with internal staff & external partners.
- Resilient, collaborative, flexible, innovative.
- Fluency in English
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Company Accolades Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.