Feather is redefining furniture rental for city living & helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes & out of landfills.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. In this role, you'll play a key part in the quality of our software solutions in a mostly uncharted space: reverse logistics & subscription to physical goods. You will work in a collaborative environment alongside product managers, engineers, designers, & cross-functional team members to test features, verify product requirements are met, & ensure customers have seamless experiences across our systems.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, & Design
- Participate in backlog grooming & sprint planning advocating for ticket estimates to include testing complexity & effort (functional & non-functional requirements)
- Review requirements, specifications & design documents to provide timely & meaningful feedback
- Define, create, & run manual & automated tests based on tech/design specs, acceptance criteria, & user types.
- Continuously improve our existing testing framework
- Ensure compatibility across a broad range of device types & browsers.
- Coordinate testing activities cross functionally with multiple teams in an agile environment
- Produce regular reports & metrics on the status & quality of software releases
What you have:
- 2+ years of experience in Quality Engineering or Quality Assurance
- A favorite end to end testing framework like Cypress, Selenium, Nightwatch, TestCafe, Puppeteer, Travis, or similar.
- A good understanding of continuous integration & deployment processes
- A passion for delivering first-class software for customers & internal stakeholders alike
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools & processes
- A proven track record of building & maintaining effective automated tests
- Experience with SQL & navigating databases
- Experience with writing clear, concise, & comprehensive supporting test documentation
- Experience using tools like Notion, JIRA, or similar defect tracking systems
What you'll get when joining Feather:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, & life insurance
- Access to 401(k) & commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- WFH Stipend
- Monthly in-office massages, team events, & a monthly wellness stipend
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest hardware to get the job done