Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We strive to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Come & join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high & build to last?
We are looking for backend software engineers to join our team.
- You will design, code, & test across our distributed, open source database, CockroachDB. You bring your expertise to the table to help us build the best database for our users, partners, & customers.
- You will collaborate with designers & engineers both in-house & in our open source community to design, implement, & integrate new features & tools into CockroachDB.
- You'll work to improve the overall performance of CockroachDB. You will make sure that our products stay scalable, survivable, & consistent as we continue to grow as a company.
In your first 30 days, you will become an integrated member of our engineering team. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology & our company.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will be comfortable contributing to CockroachDB's backend stack. You will begin to determine the parts of our product that most interest you & work with your manager to focus your efforts on projects that align with those areas & the product roadmap.
As our team grows, you will have the opportunity to influence the direction of development for CockroachDB. We want our users to have a phenomenal experience using our product, & you are an important part of making CockroachDB a joy to use.
- You love working on complex technical products & have exposure to distributed systems, concurrency control, data replication, file systems, or SQL processing.
- You are comfortable using programming languages like Go, C/C++, Java, & Python. We use Go on the server side, but if you don't know it, you'll learn while you're here.
- You love building relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the code review process & partnering with your teammates on challenging problems.
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.