Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries & speak over 30 languages.
Our purpose at Cloudreach is to enable innovation. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt & harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fueled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft & Google & help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. Its not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
What is Cloud Systems Developer Lead?
The core mission of a Cloud Systems Developer Leader is to drive projects from a technical perspective, leading by example & playing a key role in the technical decision-making process that will run throughout a project. The Cloud Systems Developer Leader exemplifies technical expertise & best practice, & is able to lead the delivery team from design through delivery & to handover.
How will you spend your days ?
- Adventures in developing cloud-native distributed systems, container orchestration platforms, microservice & serverless architectures, & immutable infrastructure delivery mainly in AWS or Azure.
- Orchestration & automation of build & deployment processes, continuous integration & application configuration management.
- Using automation & configuration management tooling (Puppet, Chef, Ansible) to ensure compliance & ongoing operation of large estates.
- Migrations of legacy workloads to transform & shape them into dynamic, resilient & scalable platforms -- helping clients to make the most of the cloud.
- Working with reputable clients & stakeholders to identify requirements & take these from design through to build & beyond.
- Acting as a technical leader & mentoring our Cloud Systems Developers on cloud based automation of continuous integration, continuous deployment of innovative solutions & industry best DevOps engineering practices.
- Providing advice, guidance & direction for questions & requests for information from other areas.
- Proactively identifying & validating areas of potential improvement where appropriate.
What kind of career progression can you expect ?
- You can grow into a Cloud Architect or a Cloud Consultant.
- There are opportunities for relocation in our other cloudy hubs
How to stand out ?
- Passion & enthusiasm for technology & its adoption.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar STEM subject.
- Software development experience and/or automation in Python, Ruby, or Go -- but talk to us if you love to hack in any language.
- Experience with cloud ecosystems, from requirements analysis all the way to operations in AWS or Azure.
- Proven coaching & mentoring skills i.e. experience with technically nurturing junior peers to advance their knowledge of different processes for the successful delivery of Infrastructure projects.
- You automate everything where sensible. If you had 10 servers, you wouldnt update each one manually, right?
- Systems administration skills -- youll probably prefer a command line to a GUI.
- Ability to travel up to 50% any given month.
What are our cloudy perks?
- A MacBook Pro & iphone or google pixel (your pick!)
- Unique cloudy culture -- we work hard & play hard
- Uncapped holidays & your birthday off
- World-class training & career development opportunities through our own Cloudy University
- Centrally-located offices
- Fully stocked kitchen & team cloudy lunches, taking over a restaurant or two every Friday
- Office amenities like pool tables & Xbox on the big screen TV
- Working with a collaborative, social team, & growing your skills faster than you will anywhere else
- Quarterly kick-off events with the opportunity to travel abroad
- Full benefits & 401k match