THIS IS BLUE APRON
Blue Aprons Content team brings the brand to life through enticing visuals & thought-provoking written materials. Through photography, videography, narrative, copy & storytelling, this team conceptualizes & executes campaigns & content that align with our brand while driving customers to feel, think, & do.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron seeks a Content Manager to help build our editorial practice & content strategy. The Blue Apron Content Manager is responsible for creating compelling, impactful, engaging content for a large & varied audience of customers & non-customers alike. Youll use your ace command of language, passion for food, & creative wits to amplify the story of Blue Apron. This is a full-time position based in New York, NY, reporting to the Director of Content. Youll work closely with the Brand, Marketing, & Meal Experience teams to bring the Blue Apron brand to life through storytelling.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Help Blue Apron build a content strategy that reinforces key messages & brings our brand to life through storytelling
- Write, edit, strategize & distribute story-driven & educational content for a variety of platforms & mediums (social, editorial/blog, app, email, & video)
- Define the monthly & quarterly calendar in partnership with the broader Content, Brand, Marketing & Culinary teams
- Report on performance with a strong emphasis on testing & learning, driving increased traffic & engagement
- Partner with cross-functional teams to create content that complements our core products, driving engagement & demand
- Work within the boundaries of the brands voice while creating content that feels dynamic
- Acquisition: Create SEO-informed content that introduces new audiences to Blue Apron, driving awareness
- Retention & Engagement: Create & distribute series, features, & packages so good our audience comes back week after week
- Recruit & direct freelance & internal writers & editors
The right person for this job takes initiative & is self-directed, but is also a pro at collaborating. Your writing & editing must demonstrate economy & wit.
- 5+ years of writing & editing experience at an agency, brand, or publication
- Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- Food expertise or work at a lifestyle brand
- Data-driven with a strong narrative backbone & a knack for creating dynamic, culturally-relevant social experiences
- Understand how to tailor content strategies for different channels (and are a pro at all of them)
- Can thrive & create your own structure in a fluid work environment
- Thoughtful program & people manager with experience managing internal & external teams, giving thoughtful feedback to writers & creatives
- Experience with video & Youtube strategy is a plus
- Are empathetic with your readers & colleagues
- Are wary of ubiquitous commerce-speak
- Treat exclamation points like Sriracha salt!
Please note that applications without a cover letter or portfolio (attachment or online) will not be considered (this is a writing position, after all).
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.