Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
The Mobile Productivity Apps Team is a cross-functional group focused on creating unique product solutions in support of our efforts to help everyone find their place in the world. We are responsible for rebuilding the traditional home buying experience & our wide scope of ownership includes essential Compass tools, such as Collections, Market Watch, Notifications, Tours, Open House, Marketing Center, etc. We are the team that builds the pipeline that guides a customer from their initial home search all the way through to the listing they consider "the one". This pipeline includes hundreds of interactions, from minor nudges encouraging agents & clients to connect, to key events like attending a live-streamed tour of a home. Your role would be to lead this pipelines technical architecture, with a focus on the iOS platform.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will be building software that solves immediate user problems while setting a foundation for long term product goals. You will place yourself in the shoes of the end-user & advocate for their best interest. You love to learn, & equally love to share your knowledge with others. You are a great communicator & you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You enjoy experimenting with new frameworks & libraries, & taking calculated risks for what technologies your team should adopt.
At Compass You Will:
- Create & refine high-performance mobile apps that push the limits of mobile technology to solve a real-world problem.
- Build novel real estate products for agents & consumers that help get their jobs done & run smoothly.
- Build out best-in-class notifications infrastructure which can scale to millions of notifications per hour.
- Design, architect, & implement well-tested code in Swift codebase.
- Mentor junior developers, lead the implementation of features, work cross-functionally to unblock your team
- Collaborate with product & design to move fast on creating solutions to business problems.
- Analyze & optimize UI & back-end application code for efficiency & performance
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology & products & an empathetic partner to our customers.
- Continually champion improvement by identifying ways to raise the quality bar of the team & systems around you.
What We Look For:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 7+ years' experience developing mobile applications for iOS environment.
- Strong CS fundamentals (algorithms & data structures) & problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of software design patterns & iOS best practices
- History of delivering products/systems through their full life cycle, from idea conception, technical planning, implementation, launch, measurement, & maintenance/iteration.
- Prior experience collaborating with UX, Design, & Product Managers.
- Team players who can be solutions-driven while collaborating without ego
- Experience with Swift & iOS ecosystem
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community, different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!