Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, & enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is looking for a Sales Development Representatives (SDR) are a critical part of our sales team, providing top of funnel sourcing new prospects via outbound prospecting & development of inbound lead requests. These representatives are responsible for driving qualified opportunities from well situated leads & transitioning those opportunities to Sales Executives for further execution & closing. They are also responsible for maintaining relationships & contact with quality leads in order to transition them into qualified opportunities in the longer term. The SDR will work from our New York City headquarters & report to theSales Development Representative Manager.
What youll do:
- Prospect new contacts & accounts within a set region
- Connect with stakeholders at the appropriate buying level within these accounts
- Provide feedback & viewpoint from the customer & sales team to help improve the Stack Overflows product & business
- Work closely & in alignment with Sales Executives to ensure smooth handoff & a good prospect experience
- Solid understanding & foundation in the software industry & how large software teams/companies work
- Advocate for the Stack Overflow platform & our position within the global developer community
What youll need to have:
- Focused, self-motivated, & outgoing with a strong & professional presence to high level executives
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to self manage tasks & achieve target numbers for contacts & opportunities
- Looking to move into enterprise software sales & join a growing team & product offering
- Experience with data analysis & reporting using MS-Excel, Salesforce & BI Tools, preferred
- Ideally have some sales or business development experience
- Passionate about the Stack Overflow story & our global connection to developers & ways that we can help them learn, share & level up
What we value:
- Servant Leadership: The best managers lead by empowering & inspiring their team to do their best work.
- Collaboration: The best products are created when people from different backgrounds & disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect & trust.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness & transparency. If there is not a good reason to keep it a secret, we share it.
- Inclusion: We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. Were committed to policies & benefits that support people, & managers who foster an open & inclusive culture.
What youll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, & free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.