MPOWER enables students from around the world to financially access higher education at top U.S. & Canadian universities. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services & technology professionals, & other experts in their respective fields. As a FinTech startup backed by Venture Capital & Private Equity firms, we move extremely fast & leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, & analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, & believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, youll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where idealization & implementation happen very quickly. We value feedback & emphasize personal & professional development by providing the resources you need to further your skills & grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths & curiosity & helping you make an immediate impact.
THE INTERNSHIP - ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE AND TALENT (Washington, D.C. )
The internship will require a high level of both quantitative & qualitative analysis & activities. Each intern will be responsible for leading an individual project which will be presented to the Executive team at the end of the summer & will receive mentorship from a business unit leader.
Were looking for interns who can think creatively & analytically, embrace ambiguity & thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & have a solution-focused mindset driven by making an impact.
- Collecting & analyzing data to optimize talent acquisition, retention, & development
- Leveraging Talent system, tools, & data resources to maximize their potential for data mining, data extraction, data integrity, & metric development needs
- Developing strategic global talent initiatives to accelerate company growth
- Developing best-in-class learning & development initiative to scale company-wide by working with every business unit to assess requirements & implement
- Currently pursuing masters degree in a relevant field
- Ideal candidate is pursuing a career in the Human Resources/Talent field & is a data nerd!
- Previous internship or full-time professional experience
- Superior written, verbal, & presentation skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, & ability to work well both independently & in a team environment
- Ability to move between strategic thinking & execution
A passion for financial inclusion & access to higher education is a must!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles & responsibilities, variable workload & tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, & 80-20 everything.