Guardant Health is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics & the first company tocommercialize a comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy. Our proprietary digital sequencing technology is transforming cancer treatment by providing an accurate & precise picture of the individual genomic alterations that cause tumors to grow, change, & develop resistance to treatment. We have combined decades of scientific research, advances in laboratory technology, & our breakthrough innovation in liquid biopsy to create new tests that have already handled tens of thousands of samples. We believe our tests can accelerate new drug development & improve the lives of all patients fighting cancer. Our current products are just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish, & new uses of our platform are emerging.
We succeed best by coordinating our creative talents & energies, working as a team to achieve results far beyond what any single individual could accomplish. We seek very talented people who want to be part of our fantastic team.
In this role, you'll be responsible for developing, implementing, & scaling complex automated workflows within a regulated state-of-the-art next-generation sequencing lab.
TheSenior Automation Engineer will be directly responsible for leading or contributing to all aspects of assay automation development from concept, requirements definition, & manual assay development to adaptation, optimization, troubleshooting & validation. Will leverage an understanding of molecular biology & biochemistry to troubleshoot analytical & preparation processes. Apply scientific methods & engineering skills to improve the scalability of Guardant Health's sample processing workflows.
As a Senior Automation Engineer, you must be collaborative & able to effectively participate in or lead cross functional teams working in a variety of projects. These cross functional teams will explore, develop, optimize, test, & implement robust, scalable solutions for Guardant Health's sample processing workflows with attention to understanding business & user requirements & improving efficiency, throughput, & quality.You will also contribute to protocol generation, report writing & presentation preparation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead or contribute to development of new assay processes & technologies along with innovation in current workflows.
- Lead or contribute to the design, development, optimization, & implementation of automated liquid handling processes, systems, & streamlined workflows.
- Collaborate closely with other development, operation, & quality teams to enable the development & implementation of new workflows.
- Analyze workflows, identify bottlenecks, & develop solutions to improve efficiency, throughput, cost, & quality.
- Program robotic liquid handling workstations & integrated robotic systems.
You're a Scientist or Engineer with a proven track record of automating & scaling & you're eager to participate in the development of a high growth, fast paced startup.
Come with an interdisciplinary background in molecular biology, lab automation & programming is required.
Prior, demonstrated experience designing, developing, testing, implementing, & supporting automated sample-processing workflows using a requirements-driven approach in a clinical laboratory or other molecular biology-based laboratory setting.
Be able to leverage an understanding of molecular biology & biochemistry to troubleshoot analytical & preparative processes.
The successful candidate will apply scientific methods & engineering skills to improve the scalability of Guardant Health's sample processing workflows.
You also have:
- BS degree in engineering or science, preferably in molecular biology, genetics or biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering or a closely-related discipline & 5-8 years of related experience. MS with 6+ years of related work experience or a PhD with 3+ years of related work experience will also be considered.
- Experience in streamlining workflows & developing automated laboratory processes & instrumentation systems, from concept generation & requirement gathering through to process validation & implementation.
- Hands-on experience with operating & programming liquid handling robotics platforms. Experience with Hamilton liquid handlers is a plus.
- Experience with automated development of next-generation sequencing (NGS) assays and/or standard molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid isolation & purification, DNA quantitation, PCR, etc.
- Experience working within regulated environments (IVD, LDT, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong communication & collaborative skills, working with internal & external colleagues & customers from diverse scientific, engineering, operational, & regulatory disciplines.
- Experience with statistical data analysis, monitoring data quality, & troubleshooting technical problems.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies up to 20 lbs & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/