SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TEST SPECIALIST (STARLINK HARDWARE)
- Ensure satellite production test systems are operating at rate & reliability targets
- Operate automated test systems using graphical & textual interfaces written in Python & running on Linux & Windows operating systems
- First level troubleshooting of test system errors by reading & interpreting test logs & measurement data
- Develop & document procedures & train operators, for execution, maintenance, assembly, & anomaly handling
- Aid in efforts to uncover root-cause of equipment failures & develop permanent resolution on issues found during test operations
- Perform routine maintenance & calibration of rack & test equipment
- Build & validate test equipment
- Bachelors degree or 4+ years or professional experience with electronics or testing in lieu of degree
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering or electrical/electronics engineering technology
- Developed, debugged & deployed software that has been used in real world applications/projects (Python preferred)
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, & unit testing
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills & engineering fundamentals
- Experience in moderate to high volume manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- Willing to work all shifts or overtime as needed; flexibility required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.