Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
About the Digital Experience Team
Thumbtacks Digital Experience team seeks to improve comprehension & feature adoption for the customers & professionals who use our platform by delivering coaching & educational content through various digital channels. Were responsible for maintaining & optimizing existing channels as well as planning & launching new ones. To accomplish this we partner with multiple internal teams across the company.
About the Role
As a Digital Experience Manager, youll seek to improve the effectiveness of our digital education channels including our Help Center, our Pro Resources site, & our proactive chat channel. In addition to conducting competitive research to identify opportunities for these channels, youll work closely with channel owners, our Technical Program Management team, & our Ops Analytics team, to launch & measure the effectiveness of new features & capabilities. Youll also work closely with various partner teams to develop & implement an overall strategy to improve product comprehension for the professionals who use Thumbtack.
- Regularly conduct & present industry or competitive research to help us identify opportunities for our educational channels
- Coordinate closely with channel owners & our Technical Program Management team to launch new features & develop new capabilities for our educational channels
- Coordinate closely with our Ops Analytics team to measure the effectiveness of the projects you work on
- Develop & implement an overall strategy to improve product comprehension for the professionals who use Thumbtack
- Assist with UX design for our educational channels
- Assist with the creation of self-serve support flows in our Help Center
- Develop & implement a strategy to familiarize other internal teams with the various resources available through our educational channels
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelors degree or similar industry experience or certifications
- Experience in industry or competitive research, project management, instructional design, educational channel management, or related roles
- Evidence of success in similar roles
- Commitment to continual professional development & improvement
- Technological savvy
- Strong collaboration & communication skills (verbal & written)
- Advanced degree or additional professional certifications & experience
- Experience & positive results within other tech companies or marketplaces
- Knowledge of educational models & learning theories
- Experience with audience segmentation & educational resource creation
- Basic knowledge of UX design
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto & Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.