We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we've activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isn't the simple concept of delivering a box of samples - it's understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox operates in six countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US as well as a flagship Birchbox store in Paris.
Birchbox is looking for an enthusiastic, detail oriented Associate, Email & Push Production who will report into the Web Production Team & work closely with the Marketing Team to assist with monthly execution of email & push campaigns (both trigger based & general audience based). These campaigns will support both the Acquisition Marketing team (converting leads to subscribers) & the Retention Marketing team (engaging subscribers in features, drive e-comm shopping behavior). In addition, this role may be asked to support other Web Production activities such as onsite digital asset production & management.
The right candidate will be detail oriented with a desire to further understand what drives customer engagement. In addition, the right candidate will have a strong technical tendency with the desire to improve proficiency with our marketing tech (email services provider, push provider, onsite asset server).
- Assist with CRM monthly campaigns trigger development & execution, across beauty & grooming
- Manage the production of all email & push campaigns, including slicing, coding, QA & deployment
- Ensure coordination of emails / push with relevant onsite assets for a seamless customer journey
- Work closely with creative operations & merchants to ensure projects are well briefed & all changes are well communicated
- Support the marketing team in post-mortem reporting of email campaigns. This includes pulling reports, delivering insights, & recommendations.
- Conduct analyses that inform our campaign & trigger strategies; everything from customer segmentation, identifying top customers, reducing unsubscribes, & activating dormant customers
- Assist with A/B tests & monitor the results to improve our campaigns, optimizing for key traffic & revenue metric across all channels
- Have 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Working HTML / CSS
- SQL knowledge a plus
- Experience working with ESPs for campaign building, segmentation, & testing.
- Braze experience a plus
- Experience with marketing automation & CRM platforms
- Functional Adobe Photoshop slicing experience
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility & team working ability
- Detail-oriented attitude & high level of precision
- Familiarity with personalization, customization, email optimization & testing platforms
- Familiarity with Web-development & customization
- Prior e-commerce / online retail / subscription experience is a plus