Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director of Clearing & Settlement (CAS)Test Engineering will lead the team responsible for application testing, test tool development, resource planning & management of test resources within theNetwork Processing CAS team. The role requires a firm understanding of software development & test processes as well as test automation. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader, excellent communicator, have demonstrable expertise in test engineering, development & above all be customer & team focused. The candidate will manage & supervise assigned technical staff; work closely with peers in the development & test engineering teams within Network Processing as well as senior management & other groups across the organization.
- Provides leadership to test engineering team responsible for the Edit Package application
- Develop team by motivating, mentoring & assisting in hiring critical talent
- Adhere to test & release processes throughout the various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Proactively collaborate with development teams to improve development & test processes.
- Work with peers to execute test automation strategy for Edit Package
- Contribute to application code & load quality initiatives
- Develop resource plans in support of key technology projects as well as CAS business & Off-Release installs
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience in leading & managing medium & large size test teams
- Strong knowledge of SDLC including use of test tools & test automation
- Hands-on experience with application development & software testing
- Passion for high quality software engineering
- Team/Service-orientation which promotes self-reliance, personal discipline, & empowerment of individual contributors
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation & inter-personal skills
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.