This person can be located in our Toronto, Remote (US), New York City, San Francisco, or Miami offices.
Ripples mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers & corporations with emerging blockchain technologies & users is the path to an open, decentralized, & more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, & cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments & the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for an innovative & collaborative Principal Applied Scientist to join us in building the Internet of Value experience for our customers & their users. This is a high-impact role on a team charged with determining & delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust & scalable manner. From forecasting supply & demand, to optimizing routing across traditional & digital assets & venues, to enabling price discovery for the long-tail of crypto assets & tokens, this role will be critical in developing the liquidity engine that powers the Internet of Value. Ideal candidates will have a track record of scientific leadership & technical strength. Successful candidates must be passionate about inventing & delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious & ambiguous challenges. You will define & drive end-to-end machine learning solutions that solve real customer problems while helping grow & build the team that delivers them.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Design & build automated ML-based systems for forecasting, optimizing & managing access to global liquidity so our customers can send value instantly, easily, efficiently & cost-effectively to all corners of the world
- Lead the scientific vision & ML strategy for how we delivering scalable, auditable, & maintainable production machine learning services at Ripple
- Be a foundational member of our applied science pillar with a huge opportunity to shape its future
- Work with teams across the broader organization, including engineering, product, legal, compliance, finance & business development to think beyond the technical design in delivering the best experience for our customers
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- Masters or PhD (preferred) in computer science, statistics, physics, or other quantitative field
- 10+ years of hands-on experience delivering production machine learning solutions to complex business problems
- 5+ years experience with Python and/or Java
- Broad machine learning experience including statistical modeling, time series analysis/forecasting & experimentation, bonus if in finance & trading domains, especially FX
- Experience with cloud-based data processing & machine learning services & tools
- Experience recruiting & mentoring a world-class team of applied scientists
- You are excited about blockchains; the technical details & the potential benefits
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, especially with non-technical senior leaders
- Attention to detail & a commitment to excellence
- An entrepreneurial problem solver with a bias for action
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant & seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain & cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity & inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing & enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses & consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. & Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER The resources & support to be your best at work & beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, & empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates & ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours & more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, & equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical & dental & 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest & recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement & weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, & plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse & inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.