Mode is conducting all interviewing & onboarding for new team members virtually due to COVID-19. All new & existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until its safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.
We welcome applicants based remotely in all 50 states.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform designed by & for analysts & data scientists. Armed with tightly integrated SQL, Python, & interactive data visualization tools, data practitioners use Mode to turn data into actionable insights in one central location.
Simple sharing tools let people throughout your organization access dashboards tailored to their needs & explore underlying data on their own. With everyone analyzing & collaborating on consistent data within the same platform, every department is able to quicken the pace at which they make brilliant decisions.
We're looking for a Director of Product Design who shares our belief that the best teams are diverse, empathetic, & have a passion for deeply understanding both the people we design for & the problems we need to solve as a business. Design is an integral part of our vision for the Mode product. You will build & lead a team of Designers to create a product that is innovative, empowering, & engaging for our users while building in-depth research practices.
What you'll do
- Partner with Mode's leadership team to develop, lead, & execute Mode's product strategy.
- Attract & build a talented team of designers create opportunities for growth on the team through mentorship & support.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, & Marketing leadership to ensure a seamless product development process from discovery to launch.
- Build relationships internally & externally, & champion design thinking & process across the entire organization. Work closely with partners in Marketing to hone & apply a consistent Mode voice.
- Own the evolution of Mode's design system, advocating for design principles & consistent designs that enhance Mode's user experience.
What we look for
- Demonstrated experience building, leading & scaling product design teams.
- Excellent communication skills & the drive to educate & evangelize Design throughout the Mode team.
- Experience designing for complex systems & applications, & a deep understanding of modern, user-centered design & research methodologies.
- Experience using data to measure & understand the impact of design decisions.
- Alignment with Mode's values.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy balance between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Flexible work scheduleswe trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment & a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The base compensation range for this role is $215,000-$240,000 to be determined by level.