Staff Software Engineer, Cloud Operations
What do we do?
We believe teachers have one of the most vital jobs in the world, & were here to support them. What began as a word-of-mouth marketplace where teachers could buy & sell educational resources is now a teacher-powered digital learning platform. Our community of 7M+ educators relies on us for engaging, accessible, classroom-ready materialsand we rely on our team members to continue developing solutions that improve the lives of teachers, students, and, ultimately, the state of education itself.
TpT is looking for a Staff Software Engineer for the Cloud Operations team that owns the infrastructure that powers TpT & all of its development efforts. In this role youll have the opportunity to define a strategy for how to use cloud services to build reliable, performant, cost-effective, & efficient applications.
The Cloud Operations team is at the core of TpT Engineering. We build the infrastructure tooling & capabilities that support the rapidly growing TpT marketplace & digital experiences. As a Staff Engineer, you will cultivate innovation by driving cross-team collaboration & executing projects that impact multiple teams. You will lead the design of major components of our distributed systems & platform. In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of amazing engineers to build our world-class cloud platform that supports the development efforts of 70+ engineers
- Architect & maintain the infrastructure that supports scalable & dynamic cloud environments
- Lead the roadmap & vision for cloud infrastructure & services
- Own the full lifecycle of software development for services that the team owns
- Mentor engineers on your team & collaborate with other Staff Engineers across the org to learn & grow together
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Experience in building scalable & extensible distributed systems that have heterogeneous workloads & use cases
- Significant technical depth in at least one public cloud provider & operational or development experience with Kubernetes
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills demonstrated through presentations, documents, meetings, & other tools to drive alignment or resolve ambiguity.
- Demonstrate the successful delivery of large, complex projects that impact multiple teams
- You enjoy teaching others & have mentored engineers