About the role:
DIG is looking for a dynamic FP&A Associate to join our growing Finance team, reporting to our Chief Financial Officer. This role will be exposed to many moving parts of our restaurant group & will be a critical, strategic thought partner, working across the organization to drive value. You will leverage data, build models, communicate insights, & execute best practices to streamline & optimize processes for DIGs continued growth. You will support the CFO & other cross functional teams by creating forecasts, budgets, board & investor materials & other financial analyses that support both short term & long term business goals. This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing, fast-paced company & impact not only business operations but also the greater food system.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to support quarterly & annual budgeting processes, drive strategic decisions & initiative prioritization.
- Generate monthly performance & forecast reviews, board meeting & investor presentations, & other financial review presentations.
- Complete ad hoc financial modeling & analysis.
- Develop, monitor, & drive deeper understanding of our KPIs across the company.
- Prepare weekly financial results against budget.
- Create what-if-analyses to assess the impact of business opportunities on our long-term goals, providing insightful decision bases for senior management.
- Maintain & quantify risks & opportunities in business performance & conduct scenario & sensitivity analysis.
- Improve financial rigor around decision-making, including business cases for investments & new markets & business lines.
- Partner with functions including accounting, tech, operations, supply chain, real estate, & marketing to support our growth as we expand into new markets & business lines.
- Translate strategy into specific business initiatives & develop tools to measure & evaluate them.
- A strong academic track record (bachelors degree in Business Administration, STEM, or Finance preferred).
- 2-4 years of work experience in a highly analytical & strategic role (preferably investment banking or private equity).
- The ability to transform raw data into insights for the business.
- A strong ability to work at a strategic level, but youre equally as happy getting your hands dirty.
- A strong expertise in Excel & Powerpoint (familiarity with visualization software - e.g. Looker or Tableau - a bonus)
- A love for numbers - you can sift through qualitative & quantitative data & build analyses.
- Clear communication skills in person & online with experience in translating data into strategic recommendations.
- A natural curiosity that leads to quick understanding of new subjects.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you dont mind rolling up your sleeves & getting scrappy.
- An interest in the restaurant industry & curiosity about the world, food & people.
Work Perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Company laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
At Dig Food Group, were building a better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking & serving delicious food everyday. Nine years in, weve grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, & taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, weve built direct & real relationships with farmers. We dont just name check them on our menus -- were true partners in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ & people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round & change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef & all our food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of chefs & cooks from the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills.
Were not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our business on good food & great people. From sourcing to serving, our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone can learn to cook, & we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply