Samsaras network of hardware devices delivers terabytes of data per day to our IoT platform, providing real-time data to 5000+ customers worldwide, from emerging businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises.
With our cloud dashboard & mobile app, customers can access detailed information about their commercial fleets & industrial centers. They use features like real-time GPS tracking, aggregate analytics reporting, & alerting for suspicious behavior to better understand & optimize their operations.
As a Senior Software Engineer focusing on full-stack at Samsara, you will lead the design & development of features across a broad surface area driving impact to current & future customers. Youll own & coordinate solving engineering challenges ranging from architecting data structures for mass data collection to presenting data analytics in intuitive & performant ways on web & mobile.
We use Golang for our backend, Typescript & React for our web client, GraphQL to fetch data from our backend, & React Native for our mobile app. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
Senior Full-stack Engineers at Samsara might work on:
- A system that optimizes routes for fleets of vehicles that drive a million miles per week
- Live rendering & animating thousands of vehicles concurrently on country-scale maps
- Video processing & automatically classifying dangerous driving behavior with our internet-connected dashboard camera
- Using driving quality metrics computed from vehicle sensor data to gamify the driver experience
- Creating a driver messaging platform end to end, from bringing up services to staged mobile app rollouts
An ideal candidate would:
- Have 4+ years building or working on production applications
- Have contributed heavily to driving significant value to their customers
- Enjoy understanding our users & what would make their day to day processes easier
- Love shipping high quality features that are immediately used by our customers
- Seek to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team & ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.