Team Lead, SMB Accounts, Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands & retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, Save Money. Live Better, we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted & accountable & we have Walmarts sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart & our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online & offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmarts overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, & agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmarts in-store & online data, extensive reach, & ability to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing & buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, & convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking experienced sales professionals to help build & sell Walmart Media Groups advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven & brand building solutions. Youll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid & dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; & problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
The SMB team is a scaled sales team that services more than 1,000 medium-to large-sized advertisers & agencies globally. Account & Partner Managers build relationships & consult with their clients on optimal solution implementation through service, education, & support. Ideal candidates will have the ability to drive marketing strategy coupled with a willingness to roll up their sleeves & execute the tactics. Success in this position requires exceptional consultative sales, coaching, & client service skills; a willingness to experiment; the ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment; & a passion for helping others achieve results.
As theTeam Leadon the SMB Accounts team, you will report to Head of SMB Accounts. This position will be directly responsible leading a team of Partner/Account/Campaign Managers who help clients & suppliers get the best results from their marketing campaigns on Walmart Media Group through consultation, education, optimization, & support. In addition to developing a high-performing team, this position will be responsible for working with other teams across WMG to create & grow programs focused on improving the WMG experience for our clients & suppliers.
Ideal candidates will combine an exceptional ability to coach, develop, & motivate team members; a passion for growing revenue through rigorous account planning & consultative sales techniques; a keen eye for identifying process & workflow opportunities; & a willingness to roll up their sleeves & execute the tactics. Success in this position requires strong sales, analytical, people management, & problem-solving skills; attention to detail; the ability to thrive in a dynamic & changing environment; & have a passion for helping others achieve results.
- Revenue: Reach & exceed sales quotas while contributing to overall team goals
- Volume: Ability to manage a high volume of small & medium sized business accounts
- Always-On: Implement a strategy for always-on revenue so that the SMB team begins the perpetual revenue stream of the organization
- Relationships: Develop & broaden high-level collaborative relationships, understand & identify contacts that manage multiple budgets (brand, shopper, DR, video, etc.)
- Prospect: Prospect & penetrate organizations to drive alignment & influence executive & day-to-day contacts to execute against account plan
- Lead a high-performing team Partner Managers & Campaign Managers
- Coach, develop & inspire your direct reports
- Become an expert in WMGs solutions for businesses of all sizes
- Identify actionable insights to improve client results & team strategy
- Work cross-functionally within sales & other Walmart organizations to drive revenue & increase customer satisfaction
- Identify opportunities to improve ad products & the customer experience
- A passion for helping others succeed
- 10+ years experience in digital sales, search, DR, performance advertising, full-funnel platform sales, PMP/automation background
- 10+ years experience managing SMB accounts
- Strong track record of high-level negotiation & successful internal & external relationship management
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, exceptionally organized, & diligent follow-through
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial & comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Proven track record of successfully reaching & exceeding sales revenue goals through consultative sell
- Strong understanding of Walmart consumer behavior & how Walmart helps suppliers, marketers & consumers
- Strong analytical & Excel skills are essential, as well as curiosity, persistence, & the ability to solve problems in a structured manner
- Strong ability to apply operational rigor, methodologies & use technology to execute, assess, & explain complex brand & performance marketing solutions
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, sales, and/or online advertising environment strongly preferred
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Customer-obsessed, Curious, Collaborative, Consultative, Courageous & Competitive
- Interested in understanding a businesss finances
- Authentic & passionate
- Respectful, Inclusive, Honest, Transparent
- Positive & solutions-oriented
- Sense of humor