ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced & highly-motivated individual to join our growing Accounting & Finance team at Peloton as our Connected Fitness Revenue Manager. This position will be a key member of our Accounting Team & be a critical partner with our Financial Systems, International Accounting, Supply Chain, FP&A, Tax & other teams. The candidate will be responsible for designing & executing time efficient month-end close processes as well as managing the continued growth of our connected fitness products & continuing to build out robust internal controls.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication & relationship building skills as they partner across the organization & has a thorough understanding of Pelotons multifaceted business. The candidate is an exceptional mentor, teammate & leader who is able to guide their team while exceeding goals in a high-growth, deadline-driven environment. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Connected Fitness at Peloton's HQ in New York with a dotted line to the International Controller at Pelotons London HQ. The manager will work on multiple projects at once & be responsible for developing & maintaining effective communication with multiple business partners. The Manager may also be involved in other Accounting & Finance activities as needed.
- Oversee & add consistent, valuable thought leadership regarding the accounting related to all connected fitness sales & products, as well as the design, implementation & execution of scalable & effective systems & processes that create an efficient close.
- Partner closely with the supply chain department & inventory accounting team to manage financial close dependencies as well as various accounting projects
- Manage the connected fitness revenue monthly close process including the review of journal entries, reconciliation of complex balance sheet accounts & preparation of reserve models, & other related transactions.
- Oversee the preparation & review of monthly analytics vs forecast plan, prior periods & budget for all connected fitness line items while teaming up with COGS to prepare Gross Margin Analytics on Connected Fitness & partner with FP&A in bridging variances
- Review existing processes, structures, & systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization & optimization, especially the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities.
- Partner with the ERP Teams to develop processes to prevent as well as troubleshoot system errors / improvements that would affect close
- Continually develop, expand & improve month end close & financial reporting procedures & help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing & streamlining close-related activities
- Designing & implementing effective analyses of Connected Fitness revenue, discounts, returns, incentives & the related reserves & presenting the information to Accounting & Finance leadership.
- Maintains expertise associated with ASC 606 revenue accounting & supply chain accounting & cross sharing of this knowledge.
- Act as a key team leader, foster a growth & innovation mindset & work to build a strong team in an ever-changing environment.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, quarterly reviews, as well as any statutory audits that may arise.
- Partner with technical accounting team to update & maintain internal control policies & procedures surrounding connected fitness revenue & focus on enhancing workpaper documentation prepared by team to align with SOX compliance
- Partner with the International Accounting Team to ensure consistency across revenue processes for connected fitness products in all subsidiaries
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license in good standing
- 7+ years of accounting or reporting at a public company and/or external audit of public companies, with 2+ years of revenue accounting experience.
- Must have a strong understanding & application of US GAAP, with a specialization of knowledge surrounding ASC 606 Revenue & Supply Chain Revenue
- Proven ability to manage & develop the careers of direct reports
- Must have a proven track record of effective communication at all levels across the entire organization, with a high level of self-awareness when it comes to the effectiveness of their own communication & an ability to lead through influence
- Must possess knowledge & experience regarding the effective financial system design (order to cash management) & configuration of financial systems in order to support a rapidly growing & internationally expanding organization.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently & collaborate with a cross-functional team.
- Through prior experience, recommend & implement process improvements for the overall team & drive consistency & standardization to process & procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization. Ability to effectively communicate clear & concise ideas both verbally & in writing.
- Strong Excel skills - must be comfortable analyzing & manipulating large data sets
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify & prevent potential problems
- Ability to work well under pressure & effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands & appropriately prioritize responsibilities while managing & mentoring multiple team members
- Must have a strong understanding of internal control concepts, including documentation requirements.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.