Pager delivers a doctor in your family healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors & other members of the care team together through text, voice & video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services & solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes & healthier lives. Started in 2014 & based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology & healthcare entrepreneurs who are determined to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
We are looking for anEngineering Managerto join our Front-End or Backend chapters. This is an ideal opportunity for a leader to work in a high velocity, high impact environment & cultivate a growing team of bright, passionate engineers. Were looking for compassionate leaders who believe in leadership through service, by example, & with empathy.
Our growing team is composed of over 30 engineers with diverse backgrounds in mobile, web, backend & machine learning. You will be working with individuals who are very passionate about their craft & share their opinions in healthy debate. Our team includes dedicated engineers located in our New York City HQ & around the world.
- 6+ years of real-world development experience
- 1+ year of managerial experience
- Hands on experience managing a team of 4+ engineers
- Eagerness to remain hands on in development (80% managerial - 20% coding)
- Expertise working with RESTful Architecture/Networking
- Strong ability to organize, coordinate, & launch software projects
- Ability to analyze & make decisions off metrics for our development efforts
- Understanding of intersection of engineering, product, & business development
- Familiarity with reiterative processes, following roadmaps & reducing technical debt
- Strategic, independent thinker & mentor
NICE TO HAVES
- Healthcare experience
- Application security expertise
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics, etc..
- Previous experience with hiring & building engineering teams
OUR TECH STACK
- React, Vue.js,
- Redux, VueX
- Jest for unit testing
- Mongo, Postgres, Redis
- Hapijs, @hapi/code, @hapi/lab
- Jenkins, Drone, Cloudbuild
- Docker & K8S,
- AWS, Google Cloud
- IaC: Terraform, Helm
- Observability & Alerting: Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic, Sentry, Pagerduty
- Native iOS
- Native Android
We strive for service oriented architecture (help us break the monolith!) & we try to adhere to open source development style/standards.
At Pager, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.