TED is looking for an experienced Designer to join the Media teams design department. Were focused on delivering the best experiences possible across a wide range of platforms our annual conferences, our editorial channels, our global distribution efforts, new content formats, & much more. This position will report to the Design Director & Associate Art Director.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Conception & execution of identities & brand systems for original video series, podcasts, conferences, & initiatives
- Extending design systems for events to cover environmental graphics, books, stage design, digital marketing, social media, screen environments, templated signage, merch & more
- Creation of original artworks for TEDs editorial channels
- Collaborate closely with print vendors for accurate & high quality execution of various print & signage projects
- Present design work & concepts with clarity to other teams
- Understand how to both receive feedback & provide constructive feedback to other team members
You should be a highly conceptual visual thinker & detailed in the execution of ideas, from cradle to completion. You have created work for digital & print, & are familiar with print processes & production. Youre someone who knows how to create beautiful work & how to share your wealth of knowledge with junior members of the team. Above all else, you understand the importance of community, & are ready to help support your fellow team members. No task is too big or too small, & you are happy to lead as the visionary on a project as well as assist your teammate in the execution of their vision. You are committed to the health of the team as a whole.
Were looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of graphic design experience.
- A broad range of interests. You live & breathe graphic design but are also contributing skills such as illustration, motion graphics, photography, sculpting, painting, filmmaking, etc. All creative entry points welcome.
- Expert fluency in common design tools & applications. You speak the language of Adobe Creative Cloud effortlessly.
- Strong organizational skills. You understand the importance of keeping your files tidy at every stage of a project, from the conceptual stage to the delivery of mechanicals.
- Flexibility. TED is a fast-paced environment, & we jump quickly from project to project. You can keep up & thrive off the energy of working on something new.
- A love for TED Talks & a deeply curious mind about the world is essential.
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application, as well as any social media accounts you curate that youd like to share.
This position is based in TEDs Manhattan office.
Generous health/dental/vision benefits & a company-matched 401K are part of the deal. Every employee also gets an annual continuing education allowance to use for attending conferences or taking classes.
Our team is passionate about TEDs content & the prospect of creating a stronger platform to enable the exchange of ideas worldwide. Were endlessly curious. We dont take ourselves too seriously. And we love to work alongside nice people.
TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less), though were experimenting with this format everyday. TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment & Design converged, & today covers almost all topics from science to business to global issues in more than 100 languages.