Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As Compass experiences massive growth, we are looking for the best & brightest to drive strategic business decisions. The FP&A Manager will manage aspects of the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, data analytics, cross-functional business partnering & special projects. This role will report directly to the FP&A Director.
At Compass You Will:
- Establish a deep understanding of the business & leverage data to build insights about our markets, products & competitors
- Facilitate the annual budget & quarterly forecast process for corporate HQ departments, including analysis of consolidated projections & preparing management-level presentations
- Manage departmental cost center budgets & serve as a finance business partner to the respective budget owners
- Contribute to the development & delivery of robust, consistent & accurate analysis of business performance using KPI dashboards & non-financial data to highlight performance
- Analyze data & facilitate sound management decisions through financial & metric reporting while highlighting material variances, trends, & risks/opportunities, & providing insightful commentary to the business & partners
- Support the FP&A Vice President & Director in the development & ongoing improvement of the FP&A function, including driving consistency & improvement in business analysis & reporting
- Perform ad hoc analyses on financial data & business requests to monitor tactical decisions & enable strategic decision making
- Develop robust financial models & scenario planning
What Were Looking For
- CPA/MBA/investment banking experience highly preferred
- 7+ years of analytical/finance experience
- Real Estate/Brokerage industry, Management Consulting experience is a plus
- Positive attitude & solutions-oriented approach.
- Ability & desire to be hands on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manipulate & model large volumes of data, interpret & identify pertinent issues
- Advanced proficiency level in Excel (advanced formulas; pivot tables; modelling, etc.) & PowerPoint (presenting information in a meaningful & concise manner)
- Adaptive, Tableau & NetSuite experience highly preferred
- CRM experience; Sales Force experience highly preferred
- Strong analytical skills & critical thinking ability
- Excellent presentation skills
- Leadership capabilities for both of direct team & across peer group (finance & non-finance)
- Ability to work with & influence non-finance teams based on robust data & analysis
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties & strong attention to detail
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.