This is an exciting opportunity to come & work for Okta as a Cloud Architect across our EMEA region. We are a leader in the Identity-As-A-Service for the Enterprise (IDaaS) & in the Access Management market & offer the most complete access management platform for your workforce & customers.
The Cloud Architect is a technical authority on both cloud & on-premise based IT systems. The role is responsible for providing enterprise architecture services for Okta customers, both in a pre-sales & a post-sales capacity. The Cloud Architect develops relationships with key customers & partners to help them achieve their business goals while promoting creative solutions.
In a pre-sales capacity, the Cloud Architect creates sales presentations, product demonstrations, & educates customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology using the Okta products. Typically engaged in the more complex customer environments & in cooperation with the Sales Engineers, the Cloud Architect combines technical expertise & business acumen to support the sales cycle, including support for our Engagement Managers for the production of precise & complete Statements of Work.
In a post-sales capacity, the Cloud Architect translates early business needs & insights into an actionable strategy & designs & assists customer in driving these initiatives to early results & high business value. Working in coordination with the Project Managers & Technical Consultants, the architect oversees & supports the complete delivery of our customer projects to ensure our customers success.
This is a key member of the Professional Services (PS) team in a pivotal role spanning early customer engagement all the way to go-live activities. It is, therefore, expected of the person in this role to demonstrate both business savviness & technical leadership in order to improve the value realisation of the Okta platform. This role will report to the Director of Professional Services.
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what is possible with Okta
- Understand customer requirements & communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Execute the delivery of PoCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
- Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies
- Communicate how Okta integrates with a customers existing environment & applications using a variety of means, including white boarding & architecture diagrams.
- Utilize your understanding of a customers holistic environment including firewalls, proxies, VPN, CASB, databases, & applications to ensure that the proposed architecture is viable & can be implemented by the customer or professional services.
- Use a variety of tools to help depict complex architecture diagrams & sequence diagrams that include single sign-on, provisioning, MFA, & delegated authentication.
- Assist engagement managers in building statements of work (SOWs) with proper phasing & order of execution that will help ensure customer success during delivery.
- Confidently communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the customers organization, including CxO, security, developers, & IT administrators.
- Use your understanding of various SSO protocols - such as SAML, OIDC, SWA, KERBEROS; to plan multi-protocol integration architectures that incorporate Okta with various technologies.
- Distil & communicate customer needs & product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing & Sales