Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader to create a world-class environment for students, instructors, staff & the local tech community at our General Assembly Toronto Campus. This is a role for a motivated team player who is customer-focused, process-driven, & wants to be part of a fast-paced, growing educational community.
The Student Success Specialist serves as a member of the local tech community & is responsible for the overall quality of the student experience from enrollment through graduation. Partnering with the team across the EUCAN region this role encompasses strategic management of Student Success, operations, programs, & delivery in line with GAs mission & vision.
They will be responsible for implementing the Student Success Strategy, including reviewing, analyzing & reporting on student feedback through retrospectives, monitoring student performance, enacting support measures where appropriate, anticipating customer needs, & serving as the point of contact for students outside the classroom.
The Student Success Specialist will provide administrative support for the Student Success team & ensure students, instructors, & staff have the tools & resources necessary to deliver high-quality learning experiences at GA to meet compliance needs. This role is for someone who has an interest in facilitation & community building for internal teams, managing alumni, & customer success initiatives in partnership with the Campus Management & Student Success Team across the region.
Additionally, the Student Success Specialist will ensure their GA campus is equipped with the staff, resources, training, processes & tools to facilitate an excellent learning & working environment for students, instructors & staff.
- Represent the voice of the student owning cross-functional communication & collaboration across teams.
- Mediate & manage student withdrawal requests, tracking/reporting, & retention strategy.
- Oversee the execution of the local student success strategy & ensure compliance across the region.
- Facilitate student-facing & local team events such as feedback sessions & ongoing community outreach for Alumni across the region to support engagement efforts.
- Monitor Student Services inbox, Campus Phone, Service Now & Slack channels ensuring all inquiries are responded to within correct SLAs.
- Review both qualitative & quantitative student data to identify trends in the learner experience.
- Track student progress against graduation requirements, monitoring & coordinating interventions to address red flags.
- Oversee student onboarding/offboarding communications.
- Develop & execute the local strategy for student-facing events & ongoing community outreach.
- Foster a welcoming & inclusive community for all students & alumni.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of all GA Education Product lines & excellent command of Student Success operations in order to provide high-impact student support.
- Create & onboard all incoming students to in-class tools & resources
- Track student pre-work data ensuring students meet 100% completion standards prior to the start of class.
- Support student collections outreach & act as a liaison between students & Finance.
- Oversee the development & execution of SSPs/IEPs if necessary when partnering with local Instruction & Outcomes.
- This position reports directly to the Manager of Campus Operations & Student Success (EUCAN)
- 3-5+ years prior work experience, preferably in a customer or client success role.
- Demonstrated expertise in people management and/or coaching
- Highly organized, can coordinate multiple projects at once
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, problem-solve, & execute in a timely fashion.
- Able to anticipate customer needs & act accordingly.
- Comfortable with ambiguity & last-minute changes remains calm under pressure.
- Is open to feedback & collaboration, & committed to transparency.
- Tech & system savvy; familiar with Google Suite. (i.e Google Sheets & Gmail)
- Great written & verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills.
- Can navigate an ever-changing, fast-paced environment & demonstrable ability to come up with solutions.
- Able to multitask & enjoy wearing many hats.
- Learns new processes quickly & accurately.
- Maintains a positive & professional demeanor.
- Customer Focus
- Communicates Effectively
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Manages Conflict & Complexity
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Action Oriented
- Drive for results