Squarespace is looking for a security engineer to come on board & contribute to our security programs. In this role, you'll partner closely with product leaders across the organization as an expert on all things Product Security. You will work closely with teams across the organization to build processes that secure the platform powering millions of websites.
You will report to the Engineering Team Manager for Product Security based in New York.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
You'll get to...
- Work closely with engineering teams to augment Squarespace's security features
- Disclosure of security vulnerabilities, how to reproduce them, & how to remediate them to both technical & nontechnical audiences
- Architect, design, implement, support & evaluate security-focused tools & services
- Manage & advocate Secure SDLC practices including threat modeling, secure code training, static analysis, dynamic analysis, bug bounty programs, & vulnerability management
- Promote a culture of security within Squarespace
- Recommend new security products & technologies
Who we're looking for...
- 2+ years experience working in a Product Security team, software development team, or equivalent function
- Experience protecting against & mitigating real world attacks (DDoS, XSS, session-hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF, etc)
- Experience with OWASP Top 10 Application security vulnerabilities.
- Linux fundamentals & ability to analyze data with security tool sets
- Fluency in common web technologies & engineering workflows
- Experience with data models, machine learning, & artificial intelligence
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.