Squarespace is looking for a Manager of Market Research to build out operational excellence within our Market Research function. With millions of websites across the globe, Squarespace has an incredibly diverse customer base. The Market Research team strives to learn about their needs & goals, & to leverage that understanding to improve our product & marketing strategies.
We are looking for an inquisitive, detail-oriented individual who is willing to contribute to all aspects of the research process end-to-end. You will manage Market Research associates, help streamline & improve the teams operations, from survey design & programming, data analysis, insight reporting, to tracking project impact. In addition to a passion for research & curiosity for our industry, you should have a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, & have the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at once. Experience with market research operations, project management & people management are required for this role. This position is based in New York City & reports directly to the Head of Market Research & Customer Insights.
- Own Market Research project roadmap, stakeholder communication & program advocacy
- Manage Market Research associates, & develop teams core competencies
- Support associates with with day-to-day research needs, including background research, recruitment for research studies, survey programming/testing, field management, data cleaning/maintenance, & deck creation
- Streamline the teams recurring reporting needs (e.g. monthly or quarterly insight reports)
- Build out & establish operational best practices & processes, from stakeholder to vendor management, improving & owning project documentation, & overseeing the creation of standardized language, deliverables & templates to be leveraged by the full team.
- 5-7 years of experience in market research, consumer insights, or related areas
- 2+ years of people management experience preferred
- Survey design & survey programming experience
- Experience working with a variety of research methodologies (qual & quant) & vendor partners a plus
- Must be comfortable digging into raw datasets to generate actionable insights
- Experience writing & creating clean, synthesized executive reports from multiple sources
- Creative problem solver
- Curious, inquisitive mindset & excited to learn the ins & outs of market research at Squarespace
- Very comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the ability to balance competing priorities while collaborating & sharing responsibilities across the team
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.