Squarespace is looking for a self-driven engineer to come on board & own major portions of our security initiatives in both our production & corporate environments. You will work closely with teams across the organization to build programs & processes that secure the platform powering millions of websites. You will also work build out an enterprise security program internally for Squarespace. Youll act as a subject matter expert on all things security across the engineering organization.
- Evangelizing security within Squarespace
- Identifying security issues & risks, & developing mitigation plans
- Architecting, designing, implementing, supporting & evaluating security-focused tools & services
- Advising & consulting on risk assessment, threat modeling & fixing vulnerabilities
- Developing security policies & procedures
- Evaluating & recommending new & emerging security products & technologies
- Knowledge of network & web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP/HTTPS) & how to keep them secure.
- Diverse range of security experience at the enterprise level (information, application, network, & IT)
- Experience protecting against & mitigating real world attacks (DDoS, XSS, session-hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF, etc)
- Intimate understanding of OWASP Top 10 Application security vulnerabilities.
- Strong Linux fundamentals & ability to analyze data with security tool sets.
- Ability to operate in both a red & blue team capacity with a strong focus on research.
- Fluency in common web technologies & engineering workflows.
- Basic understanding of data models, machine learning, & artificial intelligence.
- Experience building security initiatives in both production & corporate environments.
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment