PDT Partners, a quantitative investment manager, seeks an analytical, productive, detail-loving Fund Accountant to join our Finance & Accounting team.
This is a great opportunity to hone existing accounting, analysis, & reporting skills, while diving deeply into the financial operations of a global hedge fund. Responsibilities will range from fund accounting & financial statement preparation to tax compliance & strategy. The Fund Accountant will work closely with the team, Chief Financial Officer, as well as with our fund operations, legal & compliance, investor relations, & operational risk management groups.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar twenty-five year track record & a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the worldmeasured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDTs extremely high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional & our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, & diverse.
- Work with the team on rotating responsibilities:
- Create mid-month & end-of-month NAV packs that include NAV calculations that shadow the Administrator.
- Review trade/cash, dividend, & P&L reconciliations in support of the NAV reconciliations.
- Participate on year-end audit & preparation of financials for the funds.
- Participate on year-end tax compliance.
- Work on complex expense allocation for the funds.
- Cover treasury responsibilities (maintaining adequate margin at counterparties & understanding margin rules & methodologies).
- Liaising with the prime brokers, administrator, & auditors.
- Prepare certain regulatory filings (Form PF, PQR, BE-185, etc).
- Provide financial data for third parties, including investors & trading counterparties.
- Participate on new product launches & integration into existing fund accounting systems.
- Lead ad hoc projects to improve efficiencies or revamp processes in the group.
- 3-5 years accounting experience, preferably at a top-tier public accounting firm & covering investment managers, in addition to experience at a top hedge fund or administrator
- Excellent problem-solving & research skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication.
- Strong organizational & execution skills.
- Highly-proficient in Excel.
- Knowledge of Geneva or similar accounting system.
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, or Tableau desirable but not required.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, economics or related fields from an excellent academic program.