iCapital is looking for a Fund Attorney to join its Legal group. The focus will include representing private funds on a wide spectrum of matters including compliance & regulatory issues, capital raising, marketing, investor relations, fund formation & structuring, corporate transactional matters, etc. Ideal candidate should have experience reviewing fund documents & drafting & negotiating side letters, service provider agreements, etc. You will work closely with both our General Counsel & Deputy General Counsel throughout the fund formation process.
Due to COVID-19, this role will be remote until further notice. The location of the role will be based in NYC, NY, Greenwich, CT or Princeton, NJ once we reopen.
- Draft & review of private fund offering materials, partnership agreements & other private fund legal documentation
- Regulatory filing assistance
- Advise on the legal implications of offering new & existing products & services
- Coordinating with outside legal counsel with respect to a variety of issues including regulatory, corporate & fund investment work
- Review of marketing materials for SEC & FINRA compliance
- Draft & review various contracts, non-disclosure agreements & other legal documentation
- Perform ad hoc research projects
- 3+ years of fund formation experience within the Investment Management space (Private Equity & Hedge Fund)
- Strong knowledge of the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, & FINRA regulations
- Member in good standing of New York Bar or another state or jurisdiction
- Law firm or in-house experience at an asset management firm is a plus
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills
- Willingness to learn new topics & work in an evolving business environment
- High level of integrity
- Organized & detailed oriented with big picture capability
iCapital Network is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.