WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Braze is looking for a skilled web developer to help grow our MarTech & Ops team. This person will play an integral role in developing & executing on marketing tactics to not only drive revenue, but enrich the web experience for visitors to Braze.com. This role will own the full development lifecycle & continually build & optimize both the frontend & backend of the website.
A key part of the Demand Generation team, you will execute on direct outputs from the marketing strategy & implement strategic iterations to Braze.com in an effort to create better pipeline-driving experiences for our prospects & customers. Were looking for a developer that loves to mix their passion for web development with a desire for pushing web analytics & marketing tech to the next level.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Dive straight into the transformation of Braze.coms 2020 new website redesign! Were currently in the midst of a complete website rebuild & theres no better time than now to join Braze & be instrumental in laying our web stack foundation for whats to come.
- Own & manage our Heroku instance. Braze.com is in the middle of migrating to Heroku from AWS & youll be responsible for architecting our entirely new hosting stack by re-designing our deployment protocols, maintaining our CI, & optimizing our databases.
- Our CMS is built on Craft & youll be creating scalable page templates to leverage in our marketing programs.
- Help shepherd improvements to our web dev processes. Were a relatively new team which means theres a huge opportunity in front of you to lead & standardize process related to sprint planning, deployments, & feature roadmapping
- Contribute to website development with a highly technical approach around analytics, SEO optimization, & delivery of quality traffic to the website
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to scope new web pages or section needs & develop a plan for evaluating asks.
- Create attention-grabbing experiences by helping to identify emerging trends, & working to implement them as appropriate across our marketing properties.
- Manage Google Analytics & set up dashboards & custom events to monitor & analyze site performance & provide recommendations for content updates or areas of optimization.
- Leverage website monitoring tools & unit testing to ensure we find opportunities to improve our site & increase the quality of our deployments.
WHO YOU ARE
You have a deep understanding of what it takes to manage a website including minimizing technical debt, maintaining SEO best practices, & finding the simplest way to achieve complex & high impact problems.
- 6+ years of web development experience
- Extensive CMS experience developing on Wordpress or Craft
- Working knowledge of Node, unit testing, a/b testing - we use Optimizely & exploring Selenium
- Deep knowledge of website hosting & managing databases, specifically via the Heroku platform
- Strong communicator & experience working on a marketing team
- Familiarity in building high performance responsive websites
- Prior experience working with professional design teams
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks & beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.