BuzzFeed is looking for a thoughtful, articulate, & detail-oriented person to serve as a Finance Associate. You will support our Finance Team with FP&A requirements across several divisions. You will also focus on strategic initiatives & operational implementations throughout the Company.
This role will require strong organizational skills to help manage the multiple divisions expenses, guide discussions with senior managers across the divisions, & evaluate/implement strategic operational projects for top management.
This is a dynamic role within the finance department, & comes with abundant learning opportunities. You will report to the Director of Finance and will have many opportunities to work with BuzzFeeds top management. This is an ideal position for an individual who has gained finance experience in corporate finance or development, consulting and/or strategy, & is now looking for ways to apply those skills to a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
- Create analyses that guide financial strategic decisions, including but not limited to the ability to forecast & pace revenue to highlight areas of risk & opportunity
- Lead & support ad-hoc strategic analyses, developing key insights that support business initiatives by collaborating with key business leaders
- Evaluate & develop business cases in support of new product launches
- Help establish actionable, operating metrics & reports; track & analyze key business drivers, macro & micro market trends, & operating metrics
- Review & own the budgets & forecasts across multiple divisions, & support their strategic planning processes
- 3+ years of Finance Experience at a top investment bank, consulting firm, valuation/transactional services arm of a top accounting firm
- Strong quantitative & excel financial modeling skills
- Deep understanding of financial statements & quantitative performance metrics
- Ability to communicate with Senior Leadership, & influence & guide change through value added input
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, & ability to handle & prioritize multiple work streams while making sure all analysis is error free
- Ability to manage analysts & associated day-to-day responsibilities
- Self-starter with a track record of identifying opportunities & executing on critical projects
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.