Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Client & Administrative Services team provides development & support for Client, Card Holders, Contact Center Technology & DPS Administration Services. The Analytics Team work on Data engineering building data pipelines from multiple applications to Hadoop or Sql Server & enable our users to get actionable insights through data analyitcs using Machine Learning, AI & BI tools.
The Client Systems Analytics team in Visais currently seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to deliverBig data Analytics initiatives using Data engineering, Machine learning & AI.The Sr. software Engineer will beresponsible for designing, developing & implementing Data Analyticssolutions on Hadoop & BI Data platforms & provide insights on the data using Data mining/Machine Learning/AI & visualization tools.
What are the Essential Functions of aSr. software Engineer -Machine Learning/Data Analytics?
- Strong analytical skills to analyze data, understand business rules & patterns & investigate data related issues.
- Ability to draw insights from data & present to non-technical users
- Collaborate with team members to deliver innovative technologies, insights to Visa business units to improve operations & productivity
- The ability to take on challenges & address problems head-on
- Ability to work on large scale & streaming data
- Ability to learn, experiment anditerate
- Curious & willing to take risks & fail fast attitude
- 3years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or2 years with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in CS, EE, CE
- Proficiency in building data pipelines to move large scale data in batch & streaming
- Proficiency in data analytics, data mining, machinelearning, & related fields.
- Proficiency in IBM Watson APIs or ML/AI frameworks like Tensorflow, Pytorch etc
- Proficiency in Visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, OBIEE etc
- Knowledge of Hadoop & components like Hive, Pig, Mapreduce, Oozie, Sqoop, Spark
- Knowledge of Kafka, Airflow, Apache Flint,Spark Streaming,Microservices, Building data products nice to have
- Knowledge of Data engineering (ETL & ELT )and Data warehousing concepts nice to have
- Knowledge of Text mining, NLP, Pattern recognition or Graph databases nice to have
- Knowledge of relational & NoSQL database concepts, systems architecture, & data structures
- Proficiency in Linux, Windows, Databases (Oracle, Sql server) & SQL
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
- Incumbent will be expected to travel <5%
- Incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.