Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps & services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, & advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions & manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts & technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open & collaborative work environment that rewards creativity & perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots & Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First & Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career & opportunities will grow as well.
We are seeking a Sr. Network Engineer to join our Business Technology Infrastructure Engineering team to build & maintain an enterprise network infrastructure that can support Marqetas rapid growth.
A successful candidate will have experience building, scaling, optimizing, & securing network infrastructure. They thrive in an agile, fast-paced environment, are self-motivated with an insatiable curiosity, & a drive for continuous improvement. We are seeking someone who enjoys solving complicated problems & simplifying unnecessary complexity. Additionally, they should have a broad technical background (such as in Security or Identity) & can drive or collaborate on other Infrastructure initiatives.
Our team mirrors Marqetas culture of collaboration, honest & transparent feedback & communication, empathy, & inclusion.
- Migrate office network stack from Cisco to Meraki.
- Drive development of network infrastructure strategies with Security, Product Infrastructure, Client Services, Business Systems, & Business Technology Infrastructure teams.
- Design, build, maintain, optimize, & improve network infrastructure with well-considered, standards-based, infrastructure methodologies & formalized procedures.
- Help develop monitoring & failover strategies to ensure security, health, & performance of our cloud infrastructure.
- Monitor, analyze, & report metrics of network services.
- Develop capacity plans for new & existing infrastructure.
- Act as a support escalation point.
- Collaborate with the Security Engineering team to ensure the Corporate network is maximally secure; design & deliver security-related enhancements; identify & remediate security vulnerabilities. Perform network-based security risk assessments.
- Analyze, propose, & project manage solutions to networking needs (including network security tooling). May define product objectives, scope, & direction individually or together with an agile team.
- Drive or contribute to the stability & automation of our infrastructure.
- Build out new office networks.
- Build & maintain secure Amazon Web Services (AWS) networking infrastructure.
- Consult on or contribute to resolving complex technical issues.
- Manage & improve VPN.
- Build network capabilities that enable secure & performant Work Anywhere based on the Zero Trust model.
- Support network security & PCI compliance requirements
- Participate in on-call rotation for systems managed by the Bus Tech Infrastructure team
- 5+ years as a Network Engineer with direct experience building & supporting network infrastructure (routing, switching, wireless, firewall) in enterprise, agile, cloud-centric environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, QoS, routing & switching protocols, internet routing architectures, Cisco & Meraki wireless, & network security.
- 2+ years of network design & planning experience.
- Experience administering & supporting Meraki.
- Experience resolving & optimizing wireless networks in medium to large offices.
- Experience managing & troubleshooting PAN firewalls & GlobalProtect VPN.
- Experience implementing & managing a Zero Trust network and/or next-gen VPN. Experience with Software Defined Networking.
- Software development skills: proficiency with at least one language; API; REST; network automation; infrastructure as code; open source software.
- Understanding of or familiarity with security domains & concepts (e.g., Network Security, Detection & Response, Audit & Monitoring, certs).
- General knowledge of cloud architecture & operations. Strong experience with AWS preferred.
- Experience working within an environment bound by regulatory & compliance requirements (e.g., SOX, PCI, SOC).
- Experience working on an Agile Scrum team.
- Proven ability to drive & manage complex projects, involving multiple teams & stakeholders, to completion.
- Experience partnering with non-technical & highly technical teams to solve open-ended or highly complex issues.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving ability.
Bonus points for
- Experience with Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Routing technology: BGP & OSPF
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual Hack Week to support & reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts & employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays & more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity & will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military & veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.