Research technology markets & companies. Help clients make decisions. Create compelling research.
If you are passionate about following fintech, from the front office to the back-office & embedded fintech & beyond, then we have a job for you.
The role you'll play:
Interested in a unique opportunity to produce the most digestible & most actionable insight into technology markets & vendors? Are you able to develop a viewpoint & package insights into research that is prescriptive rather than merely descriptive? Are you able to help junior analysts do the same?
About the IU team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is a unique seat with a view into accelerating technology change. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. You are working at a growing SaaS startup, while also spending your day analyzing the tech markets & companies driving tech disruption across industries. To do so, you will have full access to the CB Insights software platform & its billions of data points, which you will be immersed in every day. You will be surrounded by some of the most curious & driven people you will ever meet & held up to the highest standards every day. Our analysts & editors come from backgrounds as diverse as investment banking, VC, consulting, equity research, journalism, & medical research. As you grow, you will have the opportunity to work with both startups & incumbents in your industry, & have the ear of senior decision makers.
Your main tasks:
- Write data-driven research briefs & reports that combine our data with your insights/expertise to analyze the momentum of fintech startups, markets, & competitive dynamics
- Understand & develop prescriptive insights for decision makers & executives in banking, payments, & wealth management, among other areas
- Track tech markets & companies & develop an impactful research agenda in your principal vertical, e.g. banking, payments, etc.
- Publish digestible, differentiated, & incisive research on our client-only platform & occasionally for our public research portal
- Develop & give client & prospect presentations to discuss tech markets & companies in fintech
- When required, mentor, coach, & supervise the work of one or two junior analysts
- Support PR requests & CB Insights events with data & category knowledge
- Help develop & pioneer new research products
- Must be passionate & knowledgeable about technology & related disciplines such as venture capital & M&A
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years professional experience in fintech-related position (can be while working in any of the fields cited above), preferably in banking, payments or adjacent verticals. Must be able to demonstrate fintech domain knowledge.
- Writing experience a must can be within the fields of tech or market research, journalism, equity research, investment banking, or consulting in financial services, technology, or related area
- Show a contagious passion for the material: Must be a startup/tech geek passionate about all things fintech
- Ability to synthesize data & develop meaningful viewpoints & prescriptive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills & leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to Fortune 500 clients/prospects as an authority on the business & the category.
- Research experience a plus; the idea candidate will have a track record of prolific & impactful publications in fintech
- Some startup experience ideal, a thick skin & high tolerance for change required
- Ability to multi-task & manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Excel & Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!