The Category Specialist Lead, Childrens Apparel, is responsible for ensuring a portion of the Childrens Apparel category has a market-leading assortment, excellent financial performance & a great shopper experience across all of Walmarts Ecommerce brands Walmart.com & Jet.com (and whatever other brands join our family). Your goal is to create the ultimate online destination for customers who turn to Walmart.com & Jet.com first when they are shopping for Kids Apparel.
Challenges youll be tackling
Inspire entry category specialists: You will begin to be a part of inspiring & training our category experts fresh out of college.
- Own your portion of the Childrens Apparel category end to end You will be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, & pricing.
- Be an expert in all systems & processes required to manage your category.
- Own category financial targets (e.g. GMV, margin, & AUR), & identify levers to achieve those targets.
- Continually evolve the categorys assortment strategy through in-market expertise & manage any assortment gaps.
- Own & optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors & third-party retailers.
- Begin to own vendor relationships autonomously.
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence.
- Manage on-site product presentation & catalog data, & drive requirements into the search & browse experience Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes.
- Collaborate with marketing teams around editorial, affiliates, emails & on-site category promotions.
- Depending on the category & your readiness, you may begin to manage a smaller team of category specialists & experts.
Merchandising TeamDepartment Summary
No two days are the same for the Walmart.com Merchandising team. Its exciting & things change rapidly, except one component: were always 100% customer-centric! With instant access to products, services & information online, customers expect choice, ease, & personalization. Innovation & leading edge technology enables our team to analyze deep customer insights & market data at scale. Our team of strategists, site merchants, buyers, creative types, UI designers (and more) collaborate together, utilizing big data innovations & analytics to enhance Omni channel experiences for our customers.
How youll know its right
- If you have a passion for retail fashion
- If you like owning something & being accountable for its outcomes...
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward
- If you want to run your own company one day
BA/BS degree, with 3-5 years of relevant professional experience within, but not limited to, an e-commerce or retail merchandising, category management, and/or business development
Manager's Preferred Qualifications("nice to haves")
- Ecommerce experience
- Previous experience owing a product category
- Relevant site merchandising experience
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to form effective supplier relationships
- Demonstrates leadership & collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Exhibits flexibility during ambiguity