As an NS1 Infrastructure Engineer, to join our Infrastructure Services Team. Were looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer who can dive into our extensively automated network of global infrastructure, summoning their deep technical background to drive new innovation in the tools & systems that run our cutting edge traffic management platform.
Were looking for an autodidact who can immerse themselves in our globally distributed infrastructure immediately, leveraging existing technical strengths & teaching themselves the systems that are new to them. You should have broad knowledge of the technologies in modern infrastructure operations & automation, offering constructive advice for improvements, while being able to use & scale the systems in our existing platform. Youll take responsibility for the quality of your code, & your daily work will have an immediate company-wide impact.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment & delivery of the worlds most trafficked internet & enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, & IPAM the familiar & universal foundations of all network & internet services to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, & control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, & The Guardian, & is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, & GGV Capital.
Ideally, youll bring:
- Strong Linux systems programming, maintenance, & platform security skills
- Excellent UNIX & networking knowledge
- Bash and/or Python. Golang is a plus.
- Ability to design with modern internet infrastructure operation in mind, including metrics, logging, automation, etc
- Experience with virtualization environments & Docker
- Extra kudos for:
- Familiarity with DNS protocol
- Experience with Ansible
- Elasticsearch at scale
- Docker experience
- Experience with Hashicorp tools
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, & DDoS mitigation tools
- Messaging, persistent DB & caching systems
- Linux kernel tuning, user-space networking
- Amazon Web Services, Digital Ocean, Vultr, Packet (Equinix Metal)t, etc.
Working at NS1:
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYCs Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 & closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire & recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off & work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop & supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming & education
- Access to employee-led affinity & social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events & special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities & social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation time with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which well use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome & employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.