At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an energetic team-player, who has a passion for e-bike safety to join the Lyft Bike & Scooter team. You will work with Lyft Bike & Scooter markets to ensure quality & safety of battery powered rideables such as e-bikes & e-scooters.
As the Battery Integrity Associate, youll be responsible for inspecting incoming batteries for service, as well as work with our safety, quality, & engineering teams to ensure our systems & processes are optimized to maintain ongoing battery integrity.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint, & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Operates battery pressure testing machine
- Reviews internal reporting to ensure compliance & accuracy with processes
- Oversees battery-specific equipment in depot & works with Lyft engineering to set-up, upgrade, troubleshoot, diagnose & repair, as needed.
- Triages damaged product using guidance from Lyft resources
- Coordinates with Lyft engineering to investigate & scope extent of field damage to batteries, as well as field failure analysis investigations.
- Coordinates with vendors & contractors to oversee decommissioning & disposal of batteries that have either reached the end of their useful life or are considered unsafe for operation
- Oversees & takes ownership of strong in-warehouse battery integrity processes including visual inspections, battery pressure testing, battery firmware updating, material handling, inventory management, damaged battery quarantining & shipping of failed batteries to Lyft engineering
- Reviews processes & ways of working associated with battery powered rideables (e-bikes & e-scooters) in depot & in the field
- Partners with warehouse team to understand & improve warehouse procedures
- Perform occasional physical tasks such as moving batteries, a bike or scooter up to 50 lbs
- Works a flexible schedule determined by warehouse workflow needs
- 2+ years professional work experience in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor's degree is preferred in a relevant subject matter (economics, supply chain, business admin or management, etc.)
- Hands on hardware or electronic inspection experience necessary, preferably with Non Destructive Testing such as pressure testing, hydro testing, XRAY, FPI, etc.
- Strong problem structuring & solving skills; experience with root cause & corrective action tools, such as 5 Whys or Fishbone analysis
- Strong analytical & written / verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a depot (warehouse) environment; depot (warehouse) experience is preferred
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time
- Comfortable working overnight if needed & when advanced notice is provided
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.