About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you. Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking,
We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrating failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
The Innovation + Operations team operationalizes the Daily Harvest mission from conception to delivery. We ideate & bring our food to life. We source ingredients & build supply chains, we create sustainable packaging solutions, ensure food safety, & instill production capabilities that benefit our customers, our partners, & our planet. All of this is done to ensure on-time deliveries & a perfect experience for our customers.
The Culinary Intern will be responsible for supporting the Culinary team on a multitude of projects. You will work out of our headquarters in NYC & gain experience in a fast-paced test kitchen. This position will also get a view into cross-functional projects with our sustainability-focused Sourcing, Food Safety & Commercialization teams. An enthusiasm for whole, plant-based eating & holistic nutrition are a must.
What youll do:
- Gain a deep understanding of recipe development from ideation to scale-up
- Support a variety of culinary projects from testing recipes to nutrition analysis
- Contribute to & participate in weekly recipe & ingredient tastings
- Execute recipe testing with direction from recipe developers
- Participate in the typical functions of a test kitchen by receiving & recording various shipments, grocery store runs, sending samples to key stakeholders, etc.
- Help audit & organize our large ingredient inventory & document database
Who you are:
- Current culinary student or culinary background preferred, strong interest required
- Detail oriented & incredibly organized
- Excellent communication skills - written & verbal
- Problem solver
- Enthusiasm to work independently & juggle multiple priorities
- A love of smoothies, soups & everything Daily Harvest, & an appreciation for products made from whole, real ingredients
- An office freezer full of Daily Harvest to eat!
- A dynamic, ambitious & fun work environment
- Competitive hourly compensation
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.