At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands & retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, Save Money. Live Better, we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted & accountable & we have Walmarts sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart & our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online & offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmarts overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, & agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmarts in-store & online data, extensive reach, & to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing & buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, & convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking an experienced Agency Development Lead to help build & sell Walmart Media Groups advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven & brand building solutions. Youll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid & dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; & problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
As the Agency Development at WMG, you will play a key role working with one of our key holding companies. Youll help develop strategic relationships, from the global holding company-level to individual agencies of all types (creative, media, search, shopper, measurement), to ensure that we deliver optimal value to agencies. You will be accountable for driving revenue growth & relationships with key agency partners via strategic alliances, education, client partnering & ideation directly with the Agencies.
This position requires extensive knowledge of the changing agency & media landscape, the drive to develop industry-transforming strategies & the ability to build relationships with senior agency management. The ideal candidate has media agency planning experience, a deep knowledge of measurement & analytics used to evaluate performance, & a proven ability to influence multiple levels of an organization.
- Build & elevate relationships at the highest levels within the assigned agencies, C-Suite, Senior Agency Influencers to continuously uncover strategic opportunities to drive WMG revenue on a global, regional, & local level
- Serve as internal voice of the agency customer to help shape product & marketing roadmaps
- Agency account management including, but not limited to: maintaining contact lists, establishing meeting cadence with (internal & external) key stakeholders, seeking out new relationships/contacts, developing quarterly business reviews, organizing & coordinating agency education initiatives (cross discipline agency days and/or training sessions), fulfilling ad hoc agency request & breaking down obstacles
- Partner with Global Accounts & SMB sales teams to contribute to & uncover category & client-level opportunities globally & regionally at both the Agency & Brand level
- Collaborate with Global Accounts, SMB team, & appropriate cross functional partners to ensure coordinated approach to agency teams, with the goal of driving demand & maximizing revenue growth
- Collaborate with a number of internal specialists (i.e. data, platform, measurement, media, analytics) as needed to meet Strategic Plan requirements & to continuously identify relevant opportunities for your agencies
- Keep abreast of WMGs capabilities & product offerings via distance learning & on-site training
- Strong Internal communication (written & verbal), ensuring Sales, Sales/Revenue Operations, & other department leaders are well informed
- Be a trusted thought leader to both external stakeholders & investment teams throughout the country by leading consistent agency education initiatives & events
- Oversee an in-service-to model with Global Sales, & partner closely with Global Sales leaders to align on strategy & initiative implementation for our largest agency partners.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the industry; act as an ambassador & spokesperson for WMG in the agency community.
- Develop network of strong relationships with key search & media industry influencers, customers & partners.
- Develop & conduct educational bootcamp-style training to inform about best practices for using WMG
- Work with agencies to up-level their creative thinking & structure programs that deliver positive business impact for their clients
- Discover, catalog & 'case' great WMG case studies & evidence that will help shape the agency, brand & media world's understanding of how brands can partner with Walmart Media Group
- BA/BS degree preferred: Masters degree or equivalent experience a plus
- 7-10 years marketing experience in an agency or media sales function with a focus on ecommerce, retail, search, closed-loop measurement, data specialty
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about a particular industry and/or product set
- Strong client-facing skills
- Comfortable with presenting to clients & agenciesin both small or large groups
- Familiarity with agency holding companies & strong relationships across the agency landscape
- Ability to partner within cross-functional teams
- Ability to consult & bring ideas to the table
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skills
- Ability to build internal networks to accomplish goals through collaboration with resources across teams
- A self-starter who takes initiative & is action oriented
- Can balance the need for quick turnaround with longer-term strategic efforts Is flexible & can deal effectively with changes in priorities or ambiguity Is driven & solution-oriented & can overcome obstacles to drive projects through completion
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
- Strong PowerPoint & Keynote skills
- Alignment to Walmarts vision & core values
- Customer-obsessed, Curious, Collaborative, Consultative, Courageous & Competitive
- Interested in understanding a businesss finances
- Authentic & passionate
- Respectful, Inclusive, Honest, Transparent
- Positive & solutions-oriented
- Sense of humor