BuzzFeed is searching for a Project-Based Post PA to bring technical skills & organization to our Los Angeles & New York Post-Production teams.
- Report to Media Manager
- Post Equipment Pickup/Drop Offs + Runs delivering to producers & editors from the Office
- Ingesting, transcoding, logging, organizing, & archiving media
- Assist with string outs, short-form digital content, & in-video graphics when requested
- Assist Editors & Producers with Post Production Workflow knowledge
- Accomplish various Post Production tasks assigned by Post Management
- Assist in supporting Post Production tech issues
- Track & report Stock Agency Resources
- Create Media Logs + Cue Sheets for completed projects
- Assist in creating exports for Archiving
- Assist Post Production Coordinators/Supervisors in the management of assets & production material
- Must have a reliable vehicle + valid Drivers License
- Bachelor's degree in Film, Communication, related field, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years working in a professional environment
- Experience preferred but not required with Mac OS & Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro (preferred NLE), Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder & After Effects as well as 3rd party software
- Comfortable working with most video codecs, formats, timecode formats, & transcoding
- Comfortable sharing feedback within a small team environment
- Detail-oriented, technical, & open to new ideas
- Can complete tasks autonomously & sometimes follow detailed instruction
- Work at at a consistent pace while effectively multitasking
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines & deliverables
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
- Experience behind a camera & knowledge of lighting & sound design a plus!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.