iCapital Networks mission is to power the worlds alternative investment marketplace. Its financial technology platform has transformed the way alternative investments are bought, sold & managed through tech-based solutions for advisors, their high-net-worth client base, wealth management firms, asset managers, & banks. The firms flagship platform offers advisors, & their clients access to a curated menu of private equity, private credit, hedge funds, & other alternative investments at lower minimums with a full suite of due diligence, administrative support & reporting in a secure digital environment. Wealth management firms use iCapitals turnkey technology solutions to provide clients with quality funds & simplified operational workflows in an intuitive digital experience. Asset managers & banks leverage iCapitals tech-enabled services to streamline & scale their private investments operational infrastructure. iCapital was recognized in the 2018, 2019, & 2020 Forbes FinTech 50 & was named Solutions Provider of the Year in the 2020 MMI/Barrons Industry Awards. As of December 31, 2020, iCapital Network has more than 340 employees & services more than $68bn in global client assets for more than 125,000 underlying accounts.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Associate Vice President (AVP), Corporate Development will join the newly formed Corporate Development Group comprised of a managing director & two senior vice presidents. The AVP will support the corporate Development Group in evaluating, planning, & executing inorganic & organic strategic initiatives across existing & future market verticals & geographies. This role would include participating in broader strategic, cross functional initiatives as well as industry research. This function within the Corporate Development group will be pivotal in fostering long term growth at iCapital Network. Specifically, the individual in this role will:
- Perform external market research & gather competitive industry intelligence to perform rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis for corporate development recommendations.
- Prepare presentations, industry & financial analyses & communicate findings both verbally & written in executive-ready deliverables.
- Interact across business lines & corporate functions including the technology team to gather inputs for business / financial case validations.
- Be an active member of the due diligence team, including creation of detailed valuation models, sensitivity analyses, investment returns, reference calls & assessment of both absolute & relative performance versus industry peers.
- Understand & articulate business problems by collaborating & coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on organic new business opportunities, partnership opportunities or inorganic strategy that generate tangible growth.
- Actively monitor & evaluate market developments & trends across our universe.
Qualifications & Experience
- BS/BA, MBA is a plus
- Required Experience: 3 to 5 years
- Experience in corporate development, investment banking, private equity, strategy consulting, or business development
- Expertise in excel based financial modeling & valuation models.
- Working experience / understanding of the financial services and/or fintech
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, fast-pace, performance-driven environment.
- Excellent organizational, communication & presentation skills, ability to articulate opinions & write clear & concise memoranda on investment opportunities. Strong command of PowerPoint & other presentation tools
- Solid interpersonal skills with success as an approachable collaborator at all levels of an organization
- Team player with proven track record at working cross functional lines of an organization & with a variety of key stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic & high degree of integrity
iCapital Network is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.