About the team
Harrys vision is to build a next generation CPG company, investing in, building, & owning a portfolio of omni-channel modern brands across multiple categories, similar to how weve done with the Harry's brand. The company plans to leverage its platform & capabilities, & partner with exceptional entrepreneurs to launch a number of new disruptive brands in new categories in the coming years.
The Corporate Accounting team at Harrys works cross-functionally & across geographies with our local controlling teams to create Harrys financial statements in accordance with US GAAP. Specifically, this team supports all intercompany transactions, maintains the corporate ledger & reports the Companys consolidated results on a monthly basis. Additionally, we are often tasked with special projects which could mean writing a technical accounting memo, creating new reporting processes or supporting a cross functional team project. As Harrys has many exciting projects on the horizon, we are looking for a new member to join our growing team & help support the expanding needs of the company, including driving towards an initial public offering.
About the role
This role is crucial to the monthly reporting process. You will be responsible for calculating, reconciling & booking corporate & intercompany journal entries as well as working with local controlling teams to ensure that their results are reflected accurately in our reporting system. You will assist in preparing a monthly reporting package as well as quarterly & annual financial statements & footnotes. You will be empowered to take a look at existing processes & identify where we can make improvements & efficiencies. As you grow in this role, you will be expected to present results to the greater finance team, as well as the team. You will also support special projects & strategic transactions as they arise.
What you will accomplish
- Own & manage the corporate consolidation & close process
- Assist with variance analysis of balance sheet & P&L accounts
- Assist in preparation of Harrys consolidated monthly financial statements
- Coordinate & manage monthly internal share out meetings with global accounting & finance organization
- Work closely with our external auditors to provide them the support they need
- Build strong relationships within the accounting & finance teams, as well as work cross-functionally in order to support the Companys business needs
- Assist in supporting special projects, as needed
This should describe you
- You have your Bachelors degree in accounting
- You have an active CPA license
- You have a strong understanding of US GAAP
- You have 2+ years of audit experience
- Roll-Up-The-Sleeves Style: Youre a self starter & no job is too small for you to pitch in & get the job done.
- Thrive on direct, honest & supportive communication: You seek out & offer up feedback.
- Ultimate Team Player: You are humble, reliable & have excellent communication skills. You celebrate both professional & personal wins.
- Problem Solver: To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge.
- A continuous learner: You are curious & not afraid to challenge the status quo.
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Working on the Corporate Accounting & Financial Reporting team
- Working cross functionally with the global accounting & finance organization
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.