The Mission of the Finance team is to provide visibility into financial performance & forecasts in order to help the executive team make good decisions based on data. Your mission specifically to support delivery of accurate & timely reporting of financials & manage key financial processes accounts including payable, accounts receivable, & month-end closing processes. This position reports into the andros Controller & responsibilities include:
The outcomes were looking for:
- Provide accurate & timely financials
- Roll forward source documentation for month-end close
- Update & upload templates to upload into FinancialForce
- Update the amortization/depreciation/prepaid expense schedule
- Perform account reconciliations, month-end close work-papers & journal entries
- Assist controller with revenue recognition, unbilled receivables & deferred revenue balances
Identify area to improve our operational processes focusing on our ability to scale as the company grows
- Support Controller in month-end close process
- Support Controller & CFO to provide consistent & accurate reporting to Board & investors on a monthly / quarterly basis
Manage invoicing, collections & accounts receivable processes so we are paid on time & maintain good relationships with our clients.
- Support controller with special projects that improve the operational efficiency of the finance team & enable company financial performance
- Help find & improve inefficiencies in the finance organization, especially on AP, AR & month end processes
Manage accounts payable & vendor relationships so we are in good standing with vendors
- Send accurate customer invoices & supplementary reporting on time
- Ensure outstanding invoices are collected in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate billing & contract records
- Respond to internal & external requests for invoicing, billing, & collections information & reporting
- Report on key metrics related to performance, including AR Aging, to provide insights & information to finance & other internal teams on collections & billings
Create & maintain documentation for financial processes
- Manage AP process from beginning to end, ensuring proper expense categorization in the general ledger & as needed strategically identifying ways to manage cash flow
- Manage seamless reimbursement process for employees, ensuring correct categorization of expenses & timely approvals & payouts for expenses
- Provide leadership for the company on vendor contract management including policies & procedures for company-wide compliance
- Create documentation for new or currently undocumented financial processes as needed
- Ensure documentation is kept up-to-date with current processes, revising as needed
- Ensure documentation is saved in an accessible location
Role Competencies Required:
- Excellent Communication Skills - internal & external, will represent andros to customers & vendors
- Attention to detail - success is in the details
- Efficiency - Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort, looks for productivity opportunities
- Organization & planning - Plans, organizes, schedules, & budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Flexibility/adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities & conditions. Copes effectively with complexity & change.
Organization Competencies Required:
- Works hard & smart: Delivers value consistently by being inquisitive, having a high degree of accountability & working with intent
- Driven: Fueled by passion & commitment, showing tenacity to overcome obstacles.
- Outcomes oriented: Dedicated to results. Track record of improving performance.
- Effective communication: Speaks & writes clearly & directly with the appropriate level of detail to communicate an idea. Happy to embrace the ideas of others if they improve on your own. Understands that clarity is measured at the recipient's ear, not the speakers mouth. Able to understand the underlying question being asked & in the absence of that clear understanding can pursue an efficient line of inquiry to achieve that clarity.
- Teamwork: Work across team lines to value others contributions & support each other & drive everyone forward.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Tech savvy with a focus on automation
- Experience with Salesforce & / or FinancialForce, bill.com & Expensify
- SaaS revenue model a plus