The ideal Senior/Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer is an articulate & seasoned technical specialist who understands & can appreciate the challenges organizations face in implementing & integrating cloud technologies into complex IT environments across heterogeneous operating environments. You have technical depth & a customer-first mentality, the motivation to take the initiative to own & resolve customer issues, & interest in working in a dynamic, fast-growing, learning environment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide well-thought out & reliable direction, both in technical & non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy & maintain the Okta service.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause & issue resolution. Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses & overall customer experience. Serve as internal & external point of contact on customer matters & ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information & document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers. Provide feedback to the training & documentation organization so that common or emerging issues can be addressed before they become serious or widespread. Build process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.Deliver against customer experience & efficiency targets.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry standard practices to come up with process improvements & new ways to delight customers.
- Must be able to commute to our San Jose and/or San Francisco office
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network & impact on business
- BA/BS/MSinComputer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of customer support, technical support, system administration or related customer facing role.
- Expertise in core Microsoft product stack, including Windows Server, Windows Workstation, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies,DMZ, Load balancersand IIS.
- Cross-platform OS knowledge [Linux, Mac OS X, Windows]
- Real passion for solving customer issues & advocating for their success, in a fast paced, highly technical environment. Ability to learn new technologies quickly. Excellent relationship management, customer service & communication skills in variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision & as a part of a team. Excellent analytical & organizational abilities. Ability to remain calm, composed & articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- Salesforce or a similar CRM ticketing system
- Experience supporting Identity Access Management solutions. Experience supporting LDAP, SSO, SAML, or WS Federation
- Experience supporting cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, Box, etc.
- Experience supporting n-tier web applications. Experience supporting REST APIs. MCSEwith concentrationinActive Directory 2008 R2 or higher
- Basic scripting skills [BASH, Python, etc.]
- Understanding of infrastructure administrationSSH & RDP & automation
- Sound knowledge of Linux/Unix architectures & debugging
- Basic knowledge of PKI
- Certifications:OktaCertifiedProfession andOkta CertifiedAdministrator, MCSE, AWS and/or Azure certifications
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.