Foursquare is the leading independent location technology & data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces & physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, & achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquares location tech stack is being utilized by the worlds largest enterprises & most recognizable brands.
Foursquares flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact & drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest & real-world behavior patterns (Places & Visits), & tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification & visualization (Unfolded Studio).
About the Team:
The Places Team is responsible for building & curating Foursquare's Places Database. We combine billions of individual pieces of information into a comprehensive dataset of hundreds of millions of places around the world. The database spans every type of point of interest across the world with over a thousand different types of places such as restaurants, stores, parks, hotels, & colleges. In addition to powering our branded products, Places powers customer applications ranging from maps, navigation, analytics, & everything in between for tens of thousands developers, including Apple, Microsoft, Uber, & many more. Users, including software engineers, data scientists, analysts, & product managers, mix real-time precision edits with a git-like branch & merge model for large-scale changes.
About the Position:
Foursquare is seeking a full stack engineer to join the Places team as a member of the human moderation sub-team, focused on building out our suite of front-end tools that enable Foursquare Superusers & employees to continually invest in making our Places data the best it can be. This person will be responsible for multiple frontend & backend systems focused on the updating & management of Foursquare Places content, queues that users use to submit changes to the data, vote on & accept changes, & reputation systems for the users interacting with these systems.
In this role youll:
- Implement effective, robust, & maintainable full-stack applications by following a set of clear tasks received from your colleagues
- Work closely with the Product Management & Design teams to build requirements & implementation specifications
- Collaborate with the other engineers in the Places team to achieve company goals
- Take responsibility & ownership of the development, deployment, & support of our production systems
What youll need: If you have more or less experience than listed, please apply anyways & we will see if another role aligns better with your experience.
- BS/BA in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
Nice to have:
- React development experience
- Server-side development experience, & knowledge of, or an openness to learning Scala
- Experience building scalable distributed systems
Benefits & perks:
- We are a fully flexible company that allows you to work from any location in Serbia
- 20 days of paid vacation
- Summer Fridays, two non-working Fridays each July & August
- Home Office Setup - you get all necessary hardware & internet reimbursement
- Learning & development programs from individual contributors to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Annual Budget for education, professional growth, etc.
- Restricted Stock Units
Benefit packages are currently being upgraded, please ask your recruiter for more information.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.