Ripple is looking for a Senior Engineer to help build scalable Data infrastructure. You will be part of the effort to enable Ripples to democratize data by developing self-serving & curated data models through financial Hub. Data is core to everything that Ripple does today & you will design & mentor the data engineers & data Ops pods that will be at the center of data. Our data science research direction, machine learning strategy, & analytics will rely on the infrastructure you build. As a hands-on leader for this team,You will incorporate best practices, learn about & leverage new technologies, work with an experienced team of engineers, & be part of a team that has a lot of fun along the way!
- Manage & track data as it gets processed & moved from & to different sources
- Manage workflows & data build processes that help the BI team build key business metrics & design dashboard visualizations
- Troubleshoot problems with data (missing, corrupted, invalid) & build data recovery strategy
- Partner with data engineers to implement required data elements & attributes to enhance business, financial & business operational analytics.
- Help improve & maintain high levels of data quality & integrity across various data sources. Act as a central control point when it comes to data change management.
- Develop & deploy data models in a methodical & disciplined manner to satisfy data needs of various functional teams.
- Continuously design the future state of our reporting process by collaborating with our Business Systems, Data Engineering, & business partner teams
- Work closely with other members of the BI team to better design & build metrics that enhance our analytical capabilities
- Assess the effectiveness & accuracy of new data sources, data points, & data gathering techniques
- Ensure proper documentation is in place for all key financial & external reports requirements, design reviews, UAT & approvals as required per SOX compliance
- 5+ years experience in data platform preferably Data warehousing
- 5+ years of experience in Distributed DB like Bigquery, snowflake, Presto,Netezza or something similar
- 4+ years of experience in cloud technologies like AWS, GCP & Azure
- Deep knowledge in Data Warehouse architecture & integration
- Experience with data management in SQL and/or NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop).
- Familiar to cloud-based architectures, development, test, & deployment automation.
- String understanding of SQL, data structures, data integrity, & schema design best practices
- Prior experience with data processing technology (e.g. Spark, Hadoop) & workflow management tools (e.g. Airflow, DBT)
- Experience with schema design & dimensional data modeling.
- A strong advocate of data governance & data quality
- Experience with distributed event streaming platforms like Kafka, Flink, etc
- Experience with database internals, database language theories, database design, SQL & database programming
- You have experience building internal infrastructure that is shared across teams.
- Good understanding of SOX compliance & internal controls
- Solid leadership & communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with AWS & Google cloud ecosystem
- Experience in building self-service data services
- Crypto background
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant & seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain & cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity & inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing & enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses & consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. & Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER The resources & support to be your best at work & beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, & empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates & ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours & more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, & equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical & dental & 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest & recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement & weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, & plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse & inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.